Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

I will agree with @Slappy Mc this fanbase and it even seems like the coaches for years have loved the back ups way more than the starters when the starter makes a few mistakes, and I always find it funny bc when a back up comes in and doesn’t light the world on fire right away at least half of the fanbase makes excuses for why that is as opposed to how they crush the previous starter when the previous starter was actually playing better than what the back ups do.

You can’t tell me for one second that Haskins wouldn’t have played better than Kyle Turner and Alex Smith last week bc it’s the truth, at the least Haskins wouldn’t have tried to run sideways towards the sidelines, not gotten out of bounds and made himself susceptible to that big hit from Jalen Ramsey that Kyle did. 

I also believe Haskins wouldn’t have taken as many sacks, he would’ve gotten rid of the ball where Alex didn’t - and I know that’s not fair to Alex, but just saying - we threw for under 150 yards last week, I think Haskins gets us to at least around 250 if he had played. I mean Haskins did just drop 314 against the Ravens, a top 5 D in the league.

I’m not sure if we’ve had a WTF QB do that ever but him in a regular season game.

What bothers me is he’s being held to a high standard than Kyle Turner, all QBs miss things in games - no one is perfect, especially a QB who hasn’t even started 16 games yet - so for him to get benched bc he missed some throws or a few open WRs seems ridiculous.

The word from beat reporters in August was Haskins was up and down, he’d play really well and flash but then the next day he’d have a bad day as most QBs do. The word on Kyle Turner in August was that he was awful, he was worse than Haskins and throwing a lot of ints and missing WRs often. Now, maybe that’s because Allen was trying to push the ball downfield more, I don’t know but those were the reports. The reports were that Haskins played the best in August. If Kyle doesn’t throw for at least 700 yards and have 4 TDs over the next 3 games then I’m going to be even more upset that Haskins was benched.

Haskins needed to play better, and he needed to be given an entire season to grow, make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and become a better QB by December.

I hope if Kyle Turner falters over the next 4-6 games that Haskins gets his second shot with Rivera and makes the most of it in late November and/or December.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You can’t tell me for one second that Haskins wouldn’t have played better than Kyle Turner and Alex Smith last week bc it’s the truth, at the least Haskins wouldn’t have tried to run sideways towards the sidelines, not gotten out of bounds and made himself susceptible to that big hit from Jalen Ramsey that Kyle did. 

Look, Haskins should be starting, but we really don't know that...

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I also believe Haskins wouldn’t have taken as many sacks, 

If you look at sacks per game, we give up 5 per game in the last 2 before Haskins, and 4.5 overall on the season, so I'm not sure that he wouldn't of.

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If you look at sacks per game, we give up 5 per game in the last 2 before Haskins, and 4.5 overall on the season, so I'm not sure that he wouldn't of.

Even if some of it's garbage time, and he missed some passes, he still dropped 300 yards on the Ravens defense.  I think it's safe to assume he would have done better than Allen and Smith did.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You’re right it’s not 100% truth that Haskins would’ve played better last week but, I think it’s highly probable that Haskins would’ve done better. Allen was only on pace for 150 yards passing, Haskins has done better than that.

Too me it seems like Allen holds onto the ball too long but he has good athleticism so he was able to avoid some sacks that Haskins probably wouldn’t have. Alex just wasn’t comfortable and it’s hard to blame him but I’m happy he made it through the game w/o anything bad happening. Our OL’s pass pro is poor - particularly on that left side - it’s just hard for me to fathom that Rivera and Turner think others would’ve done much better than Dwayne the first four games - minus the 2 bad ints in the middle of the field. I’m think Haskins would’ve been sacked in the 4 to 5 range but not 8 times.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:28 AM, Thaiphoon said:

Gee...I have a brand new car. I've told all my friends that I hate it and what it does wrong that I don't like. I've scratched it up and dented the car and taken spray paint to the paint job. I've put Vietnamese fish sauce all over the interior of the car so it smells. And every one of my friends knows this.

I wonder why no one wants to buy it from me?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30115789/nfl-trade-deadline-offers-13-proposals-players-get-dealt-2020-including-sam-darnold-dwayne-haskins-zach-ertz#haskins

Layne, a third-rounder in 2019, is at the bottom of a deep cornerback room in Pittsburgh and hasn't played a single defensive snap as a pro. Layne and a fourth-round pick might not seem like much value for a 2019 first-rounder, but Washington hasn't done much to make Haskins look valuable.

oh-really-you-dont-say.jpg

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I will agree with @Slappy Mc this fanbase and it even seems like the coaches for years have loved the back ups way more than the starters when the starter makes a few mistakes, and I always find it funny bc when a back up comes in and doesn’t light the world on fire right away at least half of the fanbase makes excuses for why that is as opposed to how they crush the previous starter when the previous starter was actually playing better than what the back ups do.

Granted it was before my time but:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1114/07/like-sonny-jurgensen-like-billy_1_acfec571a71fc2b936ce82847749dc64.jpg

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

main_1-Colt-Brennan-Signed-Redskins-8x10

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think he's done enough that someone might want him as their backup. 

That's just throwing away money to gain someone whose just good enough to cause a possible QB controversy and give you headaches.

• Like 1