Jump to content
Vladimir L

Haskin is on the trading block

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, taylor made said:
10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Source that he’s on trade block?

JLC, fwiw

Oh, in that case, Michael, how much would you give for that information?

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not saying Haskins & a 4th would do it.

But I bet I'm not too far off.

I'd like to take the opposite on that action, if you please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:
7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am sure if someone wants him they are salivating because if you look at Rivera's moves at GM, he has shown his willingness to cut bait and move on for nothing or close to nothing.  

Example?

Quinton Dunbar?

(I took out Trent and Sean Davis since you already addressed them)

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually think we got a really good return for Williams considering he sat out of football for the year.  Rivera also had nothing to do with the souring of that relationship. 

Sean Davis sucks no one was trading for him.

Peterson is a dinosaur no one was trading for him.

We got ripped off for Trent Williams because they continued holding onto him even after Rivera got hired and drug it out until the draft. Rivera couldn’t be bothered to talk to Trent for like the first three months he had the job and most likely could’ve had Trent back. Basically gave away Dunbar and then flat out cut the teams best RB a week before the season started. He totally buggered the off-season, like really badly. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even know what to believe, part of me does really believe Rivera is done with him, believes the the lockeroom story it true and wants to trade him. Part of me believes Ron said that in a moment of rage and has since talked to Dwayne and calmed down after a week of thinking on it. 
 

If Allen is awful I can see Rivera going back to Dwayne in December. Hopefully Dwayne plays better and they can then trade him for a late first or 2nd or have him compete with Allen to be the starter in 2021.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens, I hope they don't sit on their hands for the whole season to make a decision.

If you're going to trade him, it needs to be done by the bye week at the latest. 

Otherwise, this off the field social media crap is going to continue all season.

Rosen was traded for a 2nd & 5th.

Keep that in mind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We got ripped off for Trent Williams because they continued holding onto him even after Rivera got hired and drug it out until the draft. Rivera couldn’t be bothered to talk to Trent for like the first three months he had the job and most likely could’ve had Trent back. Basically gave away Dunbar and then flat out cut the teams best RB a week before the season started. He totally buggered the off-season, like really badly. 
 

 

Taking the offseason off in order to evaluate is looking pretty darn bone headed given the fact that even now the division is up for grabs.  Several players would have made a difference.  It still could.  Not much out there for WR/TE but why we don't have donald penn on the phone is beyond me.  

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Allen is awful I can see Rivera going back to Dwayne in December. Hopefully Dwayne plays better and they can’t them trade him for a late first or 2nd or have him compete with Allen to be the starter in 2021.

This next week could be interesting.  If we lose to the giants and qb play is among the reasons, I don't know how Rivera doesn't go back to Haskins immediately.  Waiting to december would be criminal. 

There is no chance in hell we are getting a 1st or 2nd round pick for haskins.  We have destroyed his value.  We attacked his character publicly 2 years in a row and as a football player he may have flashed but he has not showed enough.  A team that trades for Haskins will look at him as a pure project.  You don't invest that kind of juice into a project who already has a pricey contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We got ripped off for Trent Williams because they continued holding onto him even after Rivera got hired and drug it out until the draft. Rivera couldn’t be bothered to talk to Trent for like the first three months he had the job and most likely could’ve had Trent back. Basically gave away Dunbar and then flat out cut the teams best RB a week before the season started. He totally buggered the off-season, like really badly. 
 

 

I mean - your not wrong. The more that unfolds, the more I am buying into your criticisms of this coaching staff (we are still worlds apart on Haskins, though I obviously respect your position). Everything is just so counteractive at this point. I was sitting back thinking, "Year 1 of a  rebuild, who really cares what happens.... Ron has the right approach - maybe I will take the wife to Hawaii in April/May for an honorary honeymoon with [INSERT preferred QB]." And then I watched his press conference on Wednesday.....

It is really confusing and I just cant believe the lack of direction with any decision... and I mean any decision whatsoever. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Whatever happens, I hope they don't sit on their hands for the whole season to make a decision.

If you're going to trade him, it needs to be done by the bye week at the latest. 

Otherwise, this off the field social media crap is going to continue all season.

Rosen was traded for a 2nd & 5th.

Keep that in mind...

Yeah, but as we usually do we’ve slandered Haskins in the press which hurts the value that he had. I’d hope he’d go for that but maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truth be told...

If it's true that Haskins has this entitlement attitude, then I want him traded yesterday.

And I have no reason NOT to believe it, with his cell phone selfies he took last season.

I mean, I didn't like Cousins attitude throughout the process. But this is even worse.

Why can't we get a QB that's like Peyton Manning? Says all the right things, does all the right things & very likeable.

Everyone loves Alex Smith, which is great.

Unfortunately, He's probably not the future here.

Until we get our QB, gentleman?

It isn't gonna matter how good, the rest of the pieces are on this team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Truth be told...

If it's true that Haskins has this entitlement attitude, then I want him traded yesterday.

And I have no reason NOT to believe it, with his cell phone selfies he took last season.

I mean, I didn't like Cousins attitude throughout the process. But this is even worse.

Why can't we get a QB that's like Peyton Manning? Says all the right things, does all the right things & very likeable.

Everyone loves Alex Smith, which is great.

Unfortunately, He's probably not the future here.

Until we get our QB, gentleman?

It isn't gonna matter how good, the rest of the pieces are on this team.

 

Peyton Manning’s, Tom Brady’s & Drew Brees’s don’t grown on trees. They come around a few times in a generation. Let’s take Rodgers & Big Ben, they’re great qbs but they’ve been jerks at some point through their 15/16 year careers. No one cares that Mahomes & Watson do all these antics bc they win. 
 

What attitude did Kirk have other than he had no love lost for Bruce & Dan and wanted out?

I think if Dan would’ve chose McCloughan over Bruce, I think Cousins re-signs in 2017.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Truth be told...

If it's true that Haskins has this entitlement attitude, then I want him traded yesterday.

And I have no reason NOT to believe it, with his cell phone selfies he took last season.

I mean, I didn't like Cousins attitude throughout the process. But this is even worse.

Why can't we get a QB that's like Peyton Manning? Says all the right things, does all the right things & very likeable.

Everyone loves Alex Smith, which is great.

Unfortunately, He's probably not the future here.

Until we get our QB, gentleman?

It isn't gonna matter how good, the rest of the pieces are on this team.

 

Tua says Hi

If you end up with Trevor Lawrence it'll all be worth it

Throw a bag at Dak if the Cowboys don't tag him coming off an injury. Take your time with him and let him continue to rehab in 2021 and come out guns blazing in 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

Tua says Hi

If you end up with Trevor Lawrence it'll all be worth it

Throw a bag at Dak if the Cowboys don't tag him coming off an injury. Take your time with him and let him continue to rehab in 2021 and come out guns blazing in 2022

Tua was coming off a dislocated hip, huge risk. If not for that we may have taken him over chase and traded Haskins for a mid round pick or maybe traded Haskins for Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Tua was coming off a dislocated hip, huge risk. If not for that we may have taken him over chase and traded Haskins for a mid round pick or maybe traded Haskins for Allen.

Agreed with the huge risk part, but I think the "We just drafted Haskins" affected that decision also

But If you write off this season and end up with Lawrence it will all be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...