Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Taking the offseason off in order to evaluate is looking pretty darn bone headed given the fact that even now the division is up for grabs.  Several players would have made a difference.  It still could.  Not much out there for WR/TE but why we don't have donald penn on the phone is beyond me.  

This next week could be interesting.  If we lose to the giants and qb play is among the reasons, I don't know how Rivera doesn't go back to Haskins immediately.  Waiting to december would be criminal. 

There is no chance in hell we are getting a 1st or 2nd round pick for haskins.  We have destroyed his value.  We attacked his character publicly 2 years in a row and as a football player he may have flashed but he has not showed enough.  A team that trades for Haskins will look at him as a pure project.  You don't invest that kind of juice into a project who already has a pricey contract.

They’re going to stroke that Allen feeling until it’s obvious he’s awful like Shanahan with Beck & Rex.

Dont forget Rosen had a worse rep than Haskins and he got a 2nd & 5th, but if Trask lasts to the late 1st or 2nd then I’m sure teams would take him over Haskins but there can only be 1 to get Trask to develop behind their starter.

Edited by turtle28

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They’re going to stroke that Allen feeling until it’s obvious he’s awful like Shanahan with Rex.

Dont forget Rosen had a worse rep than Haskins and he got a 2nd & 5th, but if Trask lasts to the late 1st or 2nd then I’m sure teams would take him over Haskins but there can only be 1 to get Trask to develop behind their starter.

Big difference here.  Rosen didn't get publicly attacked by the organization though.  It was more of a situation where the new coach just wanted murray.  I think a 3rd rounder is even out of the question.

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Big difference here.  Rosen didn't get publicly attacked by the organization though.  It was more of a situation where the new coach just wanted murray.  I think a 3rd rounder is even out of the question.

How do we know there weren’t rumors? Remember these are rumors aka unnamed sources which is what the Washington football media is good for as John Feinstein said, put your name on it if you’re going to say something this controversial if not STFU and stop leaking to the media.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wouldn't trade him for less than a 3rd.

Hasn't played a full season of games, so the value should still be there.

It's not like he's Ryan Leaf or Heath Shuler bad.

You said he sucks and we should trade him. You were also horribly wrong about the Rams game but I always love your enthusiasm. But with that said, if you think he sucks why should some team give us a third? That’s just silly 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

You said he sucks and we should trade him. You were also horribly wrong about the Rams game but I always love your enthusiasm. But with that said, if you think he sucks why should some team give us a third? That’s just silly 

I do think he sucks...

But I'm still not tossing away a player, (specially QB) in his rookie deal who hasn't even played a whole season.

Rosen fetched a 2nd & 5th rounder a year after he was drafted. He was god awful...

And I think Haskins is better than Rosen, although maybe not by much.

So a 3rd rounder is the least, I would trade Haskins for.

I'm tired if this team getting shafted in trades.

But if someone offers a 2nd or a 3rd or possibly players we could use?

I'll help pack his bags...

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s got a warped view of the team. It’s why everything is overly optimistic. This is just another case. He thinks Haskins sucks, but he thinks Washington should get great value for him because it would be best for Washington. He only thinks what’s best for Washington.

52 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s got a warped view of the team. It’s why everything is overly optimistic. This is just another case. He thinks Haskins sucks, but he thinks Washington should get great value for him because it would be best for Washington. He only thinks what’s best for Washington.

Absolutely

Unfortunately, I'm not the GM of the WFT.

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Haskins should probably press charges for character assassination by this point.

Ron Rivera, doing his best Bruce Allen to tank a players value and have to pay someone to take them off your hands...

This is what frustrates me the most.  I thought that with Allen out of here, and Rivera in, that the character assassination was done.  However, it's carried over.  It's just the straw that is breaking the camel's back for me.  I now know this is never going to change, so it's really not even worth it to care anymore. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I do think he sucks...

But I'm still not tossing away a player, (specially QB) in his rookie deal who hasn't even played a whole season.

Rosen fetched a 2nd & 5th rounder a year after he was drafted. He was god awful...

And I think Haskins is better than Rosen, although maybe not by much.

So a 3rd rounder is the least, I would trade Haskins for.

I'm tired if this team getting shafted in trades.

But if someone offers a 2nd or a 3rd or possibly players we could use?

I'll help pack his bags...

Dude......the Cards didn't tear down Rosen on the way out.  It was as simple as Kingsbury wanting a different QB to run the Air Raid.  Meanwhile, our franchise has once again aired all of our dirty laundry and tanked his value in the process.  Teams know there is beef, so they aren't inclined to offer what they would otherwise.  

• Like 1