Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is what frustrates me the most.  I thought that with Allen out of here, and Rivera in, that the character assassination was done.  However, it's carried over.  It's just the straw that is breaking the camel's back for me.  I now know this is never going to change, so it's really not even worth it to care anymore. 

Or..... Haskins really is lazy and our new HC isn’t putting up with his crap and is trying to set an example of what is expected.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Someone throw out some crazy player for player trade ideas.

Player for player trades are tricky because so many of the teams we’d be looking at as a possible targets are currently competing and would be interested in him as a developmental project behind a veteran. Tough to come up with a situation where they’d give up a current roster player for a purely future asset.

One option might be the Vikings. Not trying to start a fight, but they’re pretty close to out of it already this season and their starting QB is...polarizing. There was a lot of talk about them potentially trading franchised FS Anthony Harris in the offseason, maybe they would move him now and get a developmental prospect without really giving up a pick?

I’ve been dying to get my hands on Michael Gallup, underutilized WR from Dallas. If only Haskins had been playing a bit better, the Prescott injury might have finally opened the door to get Gallup here. 

I like Pittsburgh as a potential target, but I don’t see much on their roster that they’d trade and we’d want. I liked rookie OG Kevin Dotson (4th round) coming out, and he played well for them earlier this year, but that would be a huge wager on him to make him the return in a Haskins deal.

Atlanta is another we’ve talked about. Maybe S Keanu Neal? He was a popular draft target, and he’s turned out to be a pretty good player. He’s the one who cheap-shotted Jordan Reed and concussed him last preseason, but beggars can’t be choosers.

If we’re really desperate and willing to sell low, I could see TB and Arians potentially being interested. They don’t have a ton to trade, but WR Tyler Johnson flashed this week and there’s not really a path to major playing time for him. Before his injury, the oft-discussed OJ Howard trade possibility would have made sense.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Player for player trades are tricky because so many of the teams we’d be looking at as a possible targets are currently competing and would be interested in him as a developmental project behind a veteran. Tough to come up with a situation where they’d give up a current roster player for a purely future asset.

One option might be the Vikings. Not trying to start a fight, but they’re pretty close to out of it already this season and their starting QB is...polarizing. There was a lot of talk about them potentially trading franchised FS Anthony Harris in the offseason, maybe they would move him now and get a developmental prospect without really giving up a pick?

I’ve been dying to get my hands on Michael Gallup, underutilized WR from Dallas. If only Haskins had been playing a bit better, the Prescott injury might have finally opened the door to get Gallup here. 

I like Pittsburgh as a potential target, but I don’t see much on their roster that they’d trade and we’d want. I liked rookie OG Kevin Dotson (4th round) coming out, and he played well for them earlier this year, but that would be a huge wager on him to make him the return in a Haskins deal.

Atlanta is another we’ve talked about. Maybe S Keanu Neal? He was a popular draft target, and he’s turned out to be a pretty good player. He’s the one who cheap-shotted Jordan Reed and concussed him last preseason, but beggars can’t be choosers.

If we’re really desperate and willing to sell low, I could see TB and Arians potentially being interested. They don’t have a ton to trade, but WR Tyler Johnson flashed this week and there’s not really a path to major playing time for him. Before his injury, the oft-discussed OJ Howard trade possibility would have made sense.

Trade Haskins & our 2nd round pick for Cousins and Harris!! Sign me up!! Then, re-sign Harris to a LTD right now bc he’s been good but not as great this year.

Tampa Bay has Rosen backing up Tompa. They’re not going to trade for Haskins.

I’d definitely trade for Keanu Neal, I wanted him in the draft. If you sign him, you move Collins to WLB and that upgrades our front 7 & our secondary with one move.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dude......the Cards didn't tear down Rosen on the way out.  It was as simple as Kingsbury wanting a different QB to run the Air Raid.  Meanwhile, our franchise has once again aired all of our dirty laundry and tanked his value in the process.  Teams know there is beef, so they aren't inclined to offer what they would otherwise.  

Great point.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I alluded to this earlier this week. I think turtle did too. It's not necessarily Rivera doing this. Players talk too. 

I would like to point out to all the naysayers, where are the players coming out and criticizing the benching?

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would like to point out to all the naysayers, where are the players coming out and criticizing the benching?

I don't have the information that the benching was unwarranted. It very may well be. I can see that the offense is still a steaming pile no matter who is under center. And Dwayne may be the headcase I thought he was last year when he sat off to the side, not watching what the OC was doing with the starters in game in going over things. So I can completely believe the stories coming out. Still doesn't make it right to do if you want to protect the investment in the pick.

Also - who else has gotten benched? It's not like the rest of our team is lighting the league on fire right now and these "sources" (if they are the players) have ANY room to talk. 

47 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Would love to trade with Atlanta...

S Keanu Neal, WR Calvin Ridley, WR Julio Jones, TE Hurst would all be targets of mine.

Probably not happening anyway.

And none of your offers so far meet that criteria of "can't refuse"