Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

No reason for them to trade Ridley really. He's under a nice contract for another year. 

You never know until you ask.  Next year is a contract year for ridley.  Unlike the redskins if for whatever reason they decide they can't keep him, they might want to trade him while they have all the leverage and can get something out of him.

So you don't understand why Haskins has been benched to 3rd string? And you don't agree...

You're also puzzled why we're even contemplating trading Haskins?

Maybe this will help ya understand.

And knowing, quite honestly, what everyone around the NFL has known for a long time, is that he's not a hard worker and he's immature," Russell said. "And I know that's rough, and I know that's harsh, and I don't know the kid as well as I'd like to know the kid — part of the issues here — but that's the book on him by many, many, many different people. And that extends to the entire NFL."

"That isn't here. That isn't radio. That isn't media in D.C. looking for a salacious story," Russell added. "That is the book on him

and everyone knows it."

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/dwayne-haskins-could-go-for-dirt-cheap-on-nfl-trade-market

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So you don't understand why Haskins has been benched to 3rd string? And you don't agree...

You're also puzzled why we're even contemplating trading Haskins?

Maybe this will help ya understand.

And knowing, quite honestly, what everyone around the NFL has known for a long time, is that he's not a hard worker and he's immature," Russell said. "And I know that's rough, and I know that's harsh, and I don't know the kid as well as I'd like to know the kid — part of the issues here — but that's the book on him by many, many, many different people. And that extends to the entire NFL."

"That isn't here. That isn't radio. That isn't media in D.C. looking for a salacious story," Russell added. "That is the book on him

and everyone knows it."

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sports/washington-football-team/dwayne-haskins-could-go-for-dirt-cheap-on-nfl-trade-market

thats just the facts. get him outta here.

Should we be trying to trade for Darnold, if we can somehow do it without trading our 1st?

Then trade Haskins for whatever we can get?

Then use our 1st round pick for OT Sewell, or trade down for multiple picks if it's high enough to rebuild this roster?

I guess what I'm asking is....

Is Sam Darnold worth trading for, if the price is reasonable?

Or should we look to the draft/FA for our next QB?

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Should we be trying to trade for Darnold, if we can somehow do it without trading our 1st?

Then trade Haskins for whatever we can get?

Then use our 1st round pick for OT Sewell, or trade down for multiple picks if it's high enough to rebuild this roster?

I guess what I'm asking is....

Is Sam Darnold worth trading for, if the price is reasonable?

Or should we look to the draft/FA for our next QB?

No

• Like 1

I saw this post from another site. Thought I would share. Should be post of the day.

•  

Many believe that we can’t get anything for Haskins but a very low draft pick...doesn’t that validate the benching? If people truly believe that Ron is wrong in this and Haskins is a mountain of untapped talent...why aren’t teams offering a high pick?  I’m pretty positive we would have taken the offer by now.  I’m sure there would have been a leak if somebody did.  Why aren’t teams falling all over themselves to pick up this guy if he has as much potential as some of you think he does.

A 22-year old is immature, that’s unbelievable! haha

People mature over the years, hopefully this teaching momentum wakes Haskins up, bc he does have talent to be a good starter, he just has to work harder for it, you know like a pro and not like 22-year old college senior in his last semester.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I saw this post from another site. Thought I would share. Should be post of the day.

•  

Many believe that we can’t get anything for Haskins but a very low draft pick...doesn’t that validate the benching? If people truly believe that Ron is wrong in this and Haskins is a mountain of untapped talent...why aren’t teams offering a high pick?  I’m pretty positive we would have taken the offer by now.  I’m sure there would have been a leak if somebody did.  Why aren’t teams falling all over themselves to pick up this guy if he has as much potential as some of you think he does.

This is the same team that managed to tank the value of a top 3 LT and their best corner. They’ve tanked Kerrigans value and pretty much did the same with Scherff. We aren’t good at getting value from our players. Rosen was absolutely dreadful and his team moved on from him immediately and yet they managed to get a second round pick. Rosen did not play better than Haskins. We should be able to get a player or a third. I still think they should offer him to the Pats for N’Keal Harry. 

• Like 2