Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not really.  They’re supporting their new coach.

I agree with this, people assume that Rivera isn’t changing the culture bc all of a sudden he sees a horrible division and a chance to win it, that’s not all their is to culture. In a lot of ways Rivera has already changed the culture bc he’s made a lot changes at Washington HQ that needed to happen for years in that building. Also if he knows Haskins isn’t going to be ‘his guy’ moving on from him early is changing the culture... isn’t it? A football guy is making a football decision, not Dan or Brice.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

You never know until you ask.  Next year is a contract year for ridley.  Unlike the redskins if for whatever reason they decide they can't keep him, they might want to trade him while they have all the leverage and can get something out of him.

I’d foresee the Flacons cutting Julio Jones - he can’t stay healthy - and building their passing offense around Calvin Ridley in the future. They can draft Ja’Maar Chase or Waddle in the top 10 next draft to replace Julio. Then start fixing their awful defense with most of the rest of the draft.  It’s amazing to me how much that D has fallen apart since their run to the Super Bowl and since they gave up the lead in the Super Bowl vs Brady and the Pats.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with this, people assume that Rivera isn’t changing the culture bc all of a sudden he sees a horrible division and a chance to win it, that’s not all their is to culture. In a lot of ways Rivera has already changed the culture bc he’s made a lot changes at Washington HQ that needed to happen for years in that building. Also if he knows Haskins isn’t going to be ‘his guy’ moving on from him early is changing the culture... isn’t it? A football guy is making a football decision, not Dan or Brice.

The anonymous sources making their return make me question if any of this is truly changing, and then Rivera walking back everything he said for the past 10 months.  Sorry turtle.  

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I saw this post from another site. Thought I would share. Should be post of the day.

•  

Many believe that we can’t get anything for Haskins but a very low draft pick...doesn’t that validate the benching? If people truly believe that Ron is wrong in this and Haskins is a mountain of untapped talent...why aren’t teams offering a high pick?  I’m pretty positive we would have taken the offer by now.  I’m sure there would have been a leak if somebody did.  Why aren’t teams falling all over themselves to pick up this guy if he has as much potential as some of you think he does.

Gee...I have a brand new car. I've told all my friends that I hate it and what it does wrong that I don't like. I've scratched it up and dented the car and taken spray paint to the paint job. I've put Vietnamese fish sauce all over the interior of the car so it smells. And every one of my friends knows this.

I wonder why no one wants to buy it from me?

-------------------------------------------------------

All snark aside, @lavar703 is right. The only "book' on Dwayne that NFL teams should absolutely "know" is from his college days. The fact that this team doesn't know how to keep their mouths shut about players and instead leak and gossip about current players to the media so the other teams know how much we DON'T want him and WHY...is more proof to me that the culture isn't changing at all. 

We're still the same dumpster fire we've always been. Except it's now worse. Now we have a new coach who is lauded by the owner. The same coach that focused too much on the GM duties and other stuff in the Front Office instead of what is ON.THE.FIELD.

Instead he's a faux GM and everyone assumes that the "culture has changed" because players are "backing up the coach"? Players backed up Gruden when he was coach, too. The only one who didn't was sent packing (and rightly so). So this whole line of logic doesn't point to the culture being changed to me. It points to the same ole, same ole with the team. 

Except as I said, it's worse because of the coach/faux GM's past work fooling fans into thinking that he's changing it. 

It's.Not.Changing.If.We.Still.Trash.Players.Publicly.

This team is not ever going to get better until we instill the doctrine of STHU, or more specifically this:

"What you say here,

What you see here,

Let it stay here,

When you leave here."

But by all means, let's continue to tank the value of our players by trashing them publicly and then wonder why we have no trading partners. It's a mystery to me.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d foresee the Flacons cutting Julio Jones - he can’t stay healthy - and building their passing offense around Calvin Ridley in the future. They can draft Ja’Maar Chase or Waddle in the top 10 next draft to replace Julio. Then start fixing their awful defense with most of the rest of the draft.  It’s amazing to me how much that D has fallen apart since their run to the Super Bowl and since they gave up the lead in the Super Bowl vs Brady and the Pats.

There's just no way in my mind. Someone will pull the trigger trading for him or they will keep him. Before this season, he missed 4 games in the past 6 seasons. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This is weird. 

Very weird, indeed

I've only got 3 possible scenarios here

1) Haskins is actually sick & they're taking serious precautions because of Covid-19 & what it's impact has had on NFL scheduling. They don't want to take any chances....(even if all he has is a cold)

2) They are actively trying to trade him & don't want him injuring himself during practice.

3)His conduct has been so detrimental to the team, they don't want him anywhere near, or on the facilities. They are still trying to figure out how to handle the situation without outright cutting him from the team.