Haskin is on the trading block

Vladimir L

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This is weird. 

At this point, if I am haskins I am becoming a big problem child because I want out.  Haskins and agent might be thinking, heck the jets just released Bell it is possible they just release me if I am a big enough problem and then I can choose my next option.  I mean why not.  The organization has painted him as a problem child, why not take on that role. What can it really hurt at this point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

At this point, if I am haskins I am becoming a big problem child because I want out.  Haskins and agent might be thinking, heck the jets just released Bell it is possible they just release me if I am a big enough problem and then I can choose my next option.  I mean why not.  The organization has painted him as a problem child, why not take on that role. What can it really hurt at this point?

I mean, this is extreme but look at Antonio Brown. Established problem child. No one wants him. Rosen kept his mouth shut and that's probably a big reason why he got a 2nd chance. Why would anyone want to deal with Haskins if he's a giant baby headache. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Very weird, indeed

I've only got 3 possible scenarios here

1) Haskins is actually sick & they're taking serious precautions because of Covid-19 & what it's impact has had on NFL scheduling. They don't want to take any chances....(even if all he has is a cold)

2) They are actively trying to trade him & don't want him injuring himself during practice.

3)His conduct has been so detrimental to the team, they don't want him anywhere near, or on the facilities. They are still trying to figure out how to handle the situation without outright cutting him from the team.

4) he's faking it

• Like 2

Remarkable that on September 2, the staff deemed Haskins worthy of being the starting QB. And on September 9, the team deemed him worthy of being one of its five captains. 

And then, within 4 weeks, he was no longer worthy of being the starting QB and had allegedly devolved into a lazy, selfish, arrogant SOB who didn’t care about the team. One month to go from future of the franchise beating the Eagles to Antonio Brown meets Jamarcus Russell meets Damien from the Omen. At least according to some ABC (anonymous but chatty) members of the organization. 

If this is the culture change we were promised, color me underwhelmed. You could take this Haskins saga and airlift it into just about any coaching “era“ over the last 25 years, and it would have been handled similarly (or better, in some cases). It’s just classic Redskins — the drama, the inconsistency, the instability, the backstabbing, the devaluing our own assets. The new boss sure reminds me a lot of the old boss(es) so far. 

• Like 3

If someone would give you a 3rd for him (Pittsburgh, maybe?), I think you have to pull the trigger on it. 

I feel like this situation is not going to get better, and we’re only going to drain his value further and further by allowing him to languish behind Allen and Smith. As they continue to perform poorly, everyone is going to look more and more askance at Haskins for not even being able to stay on the field ahead of those guys. 

Getting only a 3rd for him just 18 months after burning a mid-1st to draft him is obviously horrible asset management, but that’s where we are now. And a 3rd could be a useful addition for us — we have needs at some positions (FS, TE, OG, OLB, as a few examples) that tend to have some value still on the board in the 3rd. Plus, it might open the door for us to trade back into the 1st or 2nd with three 3rds and an early 4th in our stockpile. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

You know how Keim keeps saying that there's been no teams calling about Haskins?

We'll, I think Keim is either full of ****, or sucks at his job.

FB_IMG_1602672898363.jpg.02b62a1196dfbd5

That’s some random kid on twitter who somehow has a ton of followers. He has no sources. He’s always breaking news with “first reported by ...”. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Remarkable that on September 2, the staff deemed Haskins worthy of being the starting QB. And on September 9, the team deemed him worthy of being one of its five captains. 

And then, within 4 weeks, he was no longer worthy of being the starting QB and had allegedly devolved into a lazy, selfish, arrogant SOB who didn’t care about the team. One month to go from future of the franchise beating the Eagles to Antonio Brown meets Jamarcus Russell meets Damien from the Omen. At least according to some ABC (anonymous but chatty) members of the organization. 

If this is the culture change we were promised, color me underwhelmed. You could take this Haskins saga and airlift it into just about any coaching “era“ over the last 25 years, and it would have been handled similarly (or better, in some cases). It’s just classic Redskins — the drama, the inconsistency, the instability, the backstabbing, the devaluing our own assets. The new boss sure reminds me a lot of the old boss(es) so far. 

Rivera isn’t what he was billed up to be. He’s a guy who lived off of Cam Newtons success and we just took the bait. The whole league is going towards young, offensive minded headcoaches and Snyder hires a retread and gives him the keys to the city. I have no idea how Snyder became a billionaire because he’s had a million chances to fix this thing and can’t get it right no matter what. He just cannot get out of his own way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

This is why I keep pounding the table that the culture has NOT changed. Not one bit. I no longer have any faith in Rivera as the guy to do it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is why I keep pounding the table that the culture has NOT changed. Not one bit. I no longer have any faith in Rivera as the guy to do it.

We should have known it would be the same old schtick when he hired all his old cronies and buddies to jobs they weren't qualified for. 

It's the same thing regurgitated and forced down our throats. Culture cannot be changed by those that refuse to see their part in its shortcomings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, this is extreme but look at Antonio Brown. Established problem child. No one wants him. Rosen kept his mouth shut and that's probably a big reason why he got a 2nd chance. Why would anyone want to deal with Haskins if he's a giant baby headache. 

Brown was trade during  from the Steelers to the Raiders, then picked up by the Patriots. He failed at 3 places in 2019. And its TBD if someone picks him up for the second half of this year for a playoff run after he comes off suspension.

Haskins is 22, he has a few years to mature and develop as a back up if he doesn’t still have his crap together for his next team.

Edited by turtle28