Adrian Peterson not a good fit with Saints, should he be traded?

DigInBoys

Just now, jrry32 said:

Prime AP dragged teams to playoffs. This is over the hill AP. Over the hill AP has to drag the Cards to the playoffs past a Rams team that embarrassed them (and him) and a Seahawks team that will have no issues shutting down their passing game.

Arizona will be lucky if it wins 7 games.

I don't disagree with anything you've said.  I think the Rams will win the division and Seattle and Arizona will have to fight for a wild card.  

That said, if there were two older players I'd put my faith in, it's AP and Fitz.  

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said.  I think the Rams will win the division and Seattle and Arizona will have to fight for a wild card.  

That said, if there were two older players I'd put my faith in, it's AP and Fitz.  

If you don't have a QB in today's NFL, you need a strong defense and a great HB. Arizona just doesn't have either.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If you don't have a QB in today's NFL, you need a strong defense and a great HB. Arizona just doesn't have either.

I guess my point is...if there were two older offensive players I would trust to overcome a QB issue, it'd be Fitz and AP.

Fitz cause he always produces and AP cause..well, I think he has one more f u in the tank.  

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I guess my point is...if there were two older offensive players I would trust to overcome a QB issue, it'd be Fitz and AP.

Fitz cause he always produces and AP cause..well, I think he has one more f u in the tank.  

I'd agree with you if it were 4 years ago. Those guys are one foot out the door now. We just disagree on what they have left in the tank. Fitz is no longer a top 3 WR. Peterson is no longer the #1 HB. At best, they're good players. At worst, Peterson is a liability, and Fitz is nothing more than serviceable.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'd agree with you if it were 4 years ago. Those guys are one foot out the door now. We just disagree on what they have left in the tank. Fitz is no longer a top 3 WR. Peterson is no longer the #1 HB. At best, they're good players. At worst, Peterson is a liability, and Fitz is nothing more than serviceable.

As for Fitz, my disagreement comes from the fact that he works in the slot now.  He basically serves as a faster TE.  In the slot, he can rely mostly on his route running, experience, and 'very-possibly-best-hands-in-the-history-of-the-NFL' to win regularly.  On the outside, I have less faith in him.  But I think Fitz could work as a stud slot WR for another couple of years.

You are very likely correct in AP no longer being a #1 RB...however, I do think that he is one old RB that has that one more 1,500 yard season in him if he gets the carries.  He couldn't do it in any system as he could have in years past, but in the right situation, I think he could help carry an offense to the playoffs, especially if said offense had a WR like Fitz.  

That said...I could easily be hilariously wrong and they both drop off a cliff tomorrow.  

Archived