Legend_Kenny4ever

Oline is needed!!!!!!!

We talk about we need a qb I am going to shut that down, if you don't have a oline does it matter, we let Trent and Flowers leave and people are saying let Brandon leave not saying no names but there is no way.  If we don't fix this offensive line it don't matter who is back there you could have Mahomes back there and it would not matter.  So in my opinion the draft with the first 3 rounds needs to be oline no matter what.

• Like 1

Thank you, @Legend_Kenny4ever.

As I have said, they need to invest heavily in the OL in the draft (and free agency, but that's going to be harder to get quality). I have said they need to use 3 of the first four picks on the OL including in the first (I assume they'll be out of position for Trevor Lawrence).

52 minutes ago, Woz said:

As I have said, they need to invest heavily in the OL in the draft (and free agency, but that's going to be harder to get quality). I have said they need to use 3 of the first four picks on the OL including in the first (I assume they'll be out of position for Trevor Lawrence).

I would be okay with using 3 of our top 4 picks on the line as long as that is the best player avalible in the first. In the first we need the best player we should absolutely not pick the second best OL if Pitts or Michas Parsons is there. If they have their guy at QB there your going to hear his name. But I completely agree I think trading back so maybe we could have 4 or 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and take 3 in that range could completely change this roster

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I agreed with you Woz in our Draft topic. Sewell and follow up with W Davis G/Ohio St. would be a nice first 2 picks. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I have no clue how you could watch this team and think we won’t be in play for Lawrence? We can’t move the ball. This has been going on all season. 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have no clue how you could watch this team and think we won’t be in play for Lawrence? We can’t move the ball. This has been going on all season. 

You know I didn’t think we were but it’s coming into shape that we just might. I think Atlanta has to get a win with a change the Jets will get a win and honestly unless this team completely buys into Alex Smith we are just that bad. But this division has been ugly this year!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If you have no oline blocking for him do you really think he will make a difference we had a up and comer with a qb by the name of Heath Shuler who had all the talent turned out to be a bum, RG3 bum, I can go on and on until we get a decent oline it don't matter who the qb is again even if it was Mahomes no line no time dead qb point blank

1 minute ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

If you have no oline blocking for him do you really think he will make a difference we had a up and comer with a qb by the name of Heath Shuler who had all the talent turned out to be a bum, RG3 bum, I can go on and on until we get a decent oline it don't matter who the qb is again even if it was Mahomes no line no time dead qb point blank

I’m not passing on Lawrence. You can let him sit the bench for the year and we can do this crazy thing, I’m not sure the coach knows about it but it’s called free agency and we could sign some good OL. We also have more than one draft pick. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not passing on Lawrence. You can let him sit the bench for the year and we can do this crazy thing, I’m not sure the coach knows about it but it’s called free agency and we could sign some good OL. We also have more than one draft pick. 

Nobody sits on the bench for a year anymore if you are drafted you are starting especially if you are a first round pick, unless you know we can get a LT, LG, I suggest build the oline you can get a qb in any draft you pick every single year

7 minutes ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

Nobody sits on the bench for a year anymore if you are drafted you are starting especially if you are a first round pick, unless you know we can get a LT, LG, I suggest build the oline you can get a qb in any draft you pick every single year

Cool and I disagree. If we pick first you take Lawrence and nothing else. Honestly I don’t even have to worry about it because if they do get the first pick that’s what they’ll do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not in response to this post, but with regard to the discussion you were having later in the thread, there’s a 0% chance they pass on Lawrence if he’s there for their pick. 

That said, the reason I don’t think they’re in play for Lawrence is this: NYG (x2), DAL (x2), DET, CIN, CAR. That’s 7 games against genuinely below-average or bad teams. Hell, throw PHI in there if you want, they’ve already lost to us once somehow. If we win even one of those games, I think the #1 pick is at risk. If we win two, I think we could very likely be out of luck. Who are the Jets ever going to beat? And more importantly, what THREE teams are the Jets ever going to beat?

We’re a contender for #1, no doubt. But with this historically bad division and a win already under our belt, I think we’re a longshot. We don’t have a monopoly on being awful, unfortunately.