Oline is needed!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

I was curious, so I looked at the stats. The 49ers are running the ball better, but their offensive line is giving up as many sacks as ours.

Trent hasn’t played well, they don’t have a real strong interior OL and their QBs have had some issues. Garapolo was down right trash yesterday and isn’t healthy yet with that ankle.

8 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

we need to draft a LT and Guard badly.

1pick LT 2nd pick Guard

Pay whatever  our injured guard ask. We cant afford to let him go.

Alex Smith will be cut at the end of the year so there will be money to go around.

Who’s our QB and who’s catching the ball if we go LT & OG w/ our first two picks? I guess it’s Kyle Allen and we’ll sign Allen Robinson and Njoku? Is that what you’re thinking? 

Edited by turtle28

59 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

PFF pass block grade for Wes Martin this week. 0.2

Lowest anyone has graded. Couldnt even get a full number.

He was so incredibly awful the whole game, I mentioned to my brother I can't wait to see his PFF score. It won't hit double digits. Looks like it didn't even hit a single one 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He was so incredibly awful the whole game, I mentioned to my brother I can't wait to see his PFF score. It won't hit double digits. Looks like it didn't even hit a single one 😆

I hope Scherff comes back soon so Scherweitzer can slid over there or heck, let’s try Saadiq Charles.

Wes Martin needs to be benched. They have Joshua Garnett, who is a former 1st round pick and has started before. Has to be better than Martin at this point. 

Would like to see Saahdiq Charles or Keith Ismael get some playing time to see what they’ve got.

Also need to commit to the run. Getting away from it too early as we have makes our play calling  predictable as the game rolls on. Of course that’s contingent on not getting down by multiple scores early as we have been.

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Wes Martin needs to be benched. They have Joshua Garnett, who is a former 1st round pick and has started before. Has to be better than Martin at this point. 

Would like to see Saahdiq Charles or Keith Ismael get some playing time to see what they’ve got.

Also need to commit to the run. Getting away from it too early as we have makes our play calling  predictable as the game rolls on. Of course that’s contingent on not getting down by multiple scores early as we have been.

exactly GIF

I feel bad for Wes Martin at this point. The guy was genuinely decent last season when he filled in for Scherff. Nothing spectacular, but he held his own as a pass blocker and showed some pop in the run game. 

What’s happened since then...I really don’t know. I don’t know if he’s struggling adjusting to the new offense or if the lack of an offseason has caused him to regress or if he’s having remarkable difficulty with the side change or if he was always this bad and just was fortunate not to get exposed as a part-time substitute. But it’s been hard to watch, especially in pass pro. 

For his sake, I hope he gets a bit of a break from being on the field and can reset and try to figure some stuff out. It’s just not fun watching a kid get beat up like this. 

35 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I feel bad for Wes Martin at this point. The guy was genuinely decent last season when he filled in for Scherff. Nothing spectacular, but he held his own as a pass blocker and showed some pop in the run game. 

What’s happened since then...I really don’t know. I don’t know if he’s struggling adjusting to the new offense or if the lack of an offseason has caused him to regress or if he’s having remarkable difficulty with the side change or if he was always this bad and just was fortunate not to get exposed as a part-time substitute. But it’s been hard to watch, especially in pass pro. 

For his sake, I hope he gets a bit of a break from being on the field and can reset and try to figure some stuff out. It’s just not fun watching a kid get beat up like this. 

Some of it is the competition. He’s gone against Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson, Calias Campbell, Brandon Williams and Aaron Donald in the first 5 games of this year.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Some of it is the competition. He’s gone against Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson, Calias Campbell, Brandon Williams and Aaron Donald in the first 5 games of this year.

Yeah...to some degree. I don’t have any numbers of how often he went head to head with each guy, but I don’t think he tangled with Cox or Campbell that much — both of those guys typically play more on the defensive left side from what I’ve seen. 

He got all that he’ll ever need of Jackson and Donald, though, and they're certainly good and superhuman players respectively. They both kicked his tail, so you’re definitely right there. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah...to some degree. I don’t have any numbers of how often he went head to head with each guy, but I don’t think he tangled with Cox or Campbell that much — both of those guys typically play more on the defensive left side from what I’ve seen. 

He got all that he’ll ever need of Jackson and Donald, though, and they're certainly good and superhuman players respectively. They both kicked his tail, so you’re definitely right there. 

It’s certainly not all of it, but I think it has something to do with it. Martin has not played well which has been disappointing. I think last year our man blocking fit him better and our run first offense the second half of the year - the ZBS doesn’t and Scotty’s pass happy offense.

I’m very hopeful that Charles plays well at LG and solves that position which we’ve been trying to solve since Kory L was playing LG.

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

Add all of that ^^^ to the side change and it has got to affect his mental preparation and his confidence going forward. Since it is such a dichotomous change from last year, I'm not willing to get rid of him. But I do want to see him progress the rest of the year and in the offseason.

Also he’s only allowed 2.5 sacks since 2018. He should be re-signed. Gotta upgrade LG - of hope that Charles can be the answer there - and we might have to replace Scherff depending on how he performs the rest of the year and what kind of deal we can get him re-signed on. 

Christian is up in the air to me. I’ve seen growth over his first 6 starts as a pro. I need to see more the final 10 games of the year and if he grows more growth over the rest of the season we may have found a serviceable answer at LT.

Edited by turtle28