Jump to content
Legend_Kenny4ever

Oline is needed!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

4i5jov.jpg

Not sure how you got that from me saying invest multiple picks into the offensive line this upcoming draft, but okay then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Not sure how you got that from me saying invest multiple picks into the offensive line this upcoming draft, but okay then.

Even I said Sewell and a guard in round 2 or 3. They have a starting RT, their C is serviceable and they have a back up for him. Schweitzer is serviceable at either guard spot. Upgrade LG & LT. Should be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Not sure how you got that from me saying invest multiple picks into the offensive line this upcoming draft, but okay then.

That was me just hamming it up on the Sewell fans from the draft thread.

But if you feel left out. Eh.. Okay. Youre included. Cause the OL is but one of numerous concerns this team has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I have no clue how you could watch this team and think we won’t be in play for Lawrence? We can’t move the ball. This has been going on all season. 

Because as bad as Washington is, there are worse teams out there.

As it stands right now, courtesy of Tankathon, if the draft was today:

  1. NY Giants
  2. Atlanta
  3. NY Jets
  4. Washington
  5. Jacksonville
  6. Houston --> traded to Miami
  7. LA Chargers
  8. Detroit
  9. Denver
  10. Minnesota

So, there are two teams that are currently directly ahead of Washington that either need (the Jets) or could conceivably take (the Falcons) a QB if Trevor Lawrence is all that he's made out to be. In Atlanta's case, they just need to ride out one year of Ryan's contract in 2021 and then they can cut bait on him if they were so inclined. Normally, I don't think this would happen, but if/when Dan Quinn is fired, all bets are off for Ryan. The Jets should need no explanation: Darnold is a disaster.

It's even possible the Giants move on from Daniel Jones, but I don't think Gettlemen will do that just two years in barring something ridiculous happening. However, I could see a team like Jacksonville or Denver trading up to jump up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

we got money, we can fix it pretty quick through free agency

Can? Sure.

Will? Not so sure about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That was me just hamming it up on the Sewell fans from the draft thread.

But if you feel left out. Eh.. Okay. Youre included. Cause the OL is but one of numerous concerns this team has.

SpryTallCirriped-size_restricted.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because as bad as Washington is, there are worse teams out there.

As it stands right now, courtesy of Tankathon, if the draft was today:

  1. NY Giants
  2. Atlanta
  3. NY Jets
  4. Washington
  5. Jacksonville
  6. Houston --> traded to Miami
  7. LA Chargers
  8. Detroit
  9. Denver
  10. Minnesota

So, there are two teams that are currently directly ahead of Washington that either need (the Jets) or could conceivably take (the Falcons) a QB if Trevor Lawrence is all that he's made out to be. In Atlanta's case, they just need to ride out one year of Ryan's contract in 2021 and then they can cut bait on him if they were so inclined. Normally, I don't think this would happen, but if/when Dan Quinn is fired, all bets are off for Ryan. The Jets should need no explanation: Darnold is a disaster.

It's even possible the Giants move on from Daniel Jones, but I don't think Gettlemen will do that just two years in barring something ridiculous happening. However, I could see a team like Jacksonville or Denver trading up to jump up.

The Giants just scored 30 points in a game. We can only dream of something like that and yes, it’s conceivable the Jets don’t win a game this season but I think they’ll win a couple. I see us as the only team in the league that cannot move the ball down the field and the issue for us is it’s scheme related. So no matter who you put in at QB we simply aren’t going to score. I’m not sure the other teams face that hurdle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because as bad as Washington is, there are worse teams out there.

As it stands right now, courtesy of Tankathon, if the draft was today:

  1. NY Giants
  2. Atlanta
  3. NY Jets
  4. Washington
  5. Jacksonville
  6. Houston --> traded to Miami
  7. LA Chargers
  8. Detroit
  9. Denver
  10. Minnesota

So, there are two teams that are currently directly ahead of Washington that either need (the Jets) or could conceivably take (the Falcons) a QB if Trevor Lawrence is all that he's made out to be. In Atlanta's case, they just need to ride out one year of Ryan's contract in 2021 and then they can cut bait on him if they were so inclined. Normally, I don't think this would happen, but if/when Dan Quinn is fired, all bets are off for Ryan. The Jets should need no explanation: Darnold is a disaster.

It's even possible the Giants move on from Daniel Jones, but I don't think Gettlemen will do that just two years in barring something ridiculous happening. However, I could see a team like Jacksonville or Denver trading up to jump up.

I watched the Giants today, they’re better than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was curious, so I looked at the stats. The 49ers are running the ball better, but their offensive line is giving up as many sacks as ours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I was curious, so I looked at the stats. The 49ers are running the ball better, but their offensive line is giving up as many sacks as ours.

They also benched Garoppolo for Beatherd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we need to draft a LT and Guard badly.

 

1pick LT 2nd pick Guard

Pay whatever  our injured guard ask. We cant afford to let him go.

Alex Smith will be cut at the end of the year so there will be money to go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woz said:

Because as bad as Washington is, there are worse teams out there.

As it stands right now, courtesy of Tankathon, if the draft was today:

  1. NY Giants
  2. Atlanta
  3. NY Jets
  4. Washington
  5. Jacksonville
  6. Houston --> traded to Miami
  7. LA Chargers
  8. Detroit
  9. Denver
  10. Minnesota

So, there are two teams that are currently directly ahead of Washington that either need (the Jets) or could conceivably take (the Falcons) a QB if Trevor Lawrence is all that he's made out to be. In Atlanta's case, they just need to ride out one year of Ryan's contract in 2021 and then they can cut bait on him if they were so inclined. Normally, I don't think this would happen, but if/when Dan Quinn is fired, all bets are off for Ryan. The Jets should need no explanation: Darnold is a disaster.

It's even possible the Giants move on from Daniel Jones, but I don't think Gettlemen will do that just two years in barring something ridiculous happening. However, I could see a team like Jacksonville or Denver trading up to jump up.

I dont think Atlanta gets the first pick but if they do we need to give up a 3rd for Ryan and build up a sick oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

I dont think Atlanta gets the first pick but if they do we need to give up a 3rd for Ryan and build up a sick oline.

No we don’t. We should either trade for or sign a 20 something QB (Darnold, Winston) or draft a QB with our top 10 pick. 
 

Let a team “that’s close” trade for Matt Ryan.

And speaking of Matt Ryan, how stupid does Bill Parcells - then with the Dolphins - still look for passing on Matt Ryan in the 08 draft for Jake Long?

 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Woz said:

They also benched Garoppolo for Beatherd.

We are running the equivalent at QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...