Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

Has anyone notice over the last 2 years most times our Safety’s make an INT it’s because the QB couldn’t step into this throw?  That Health INT was caused by Ferrell Breaking his rush back inside and Mahomes feeling the pressure.

if we could only get more interior pass rush itd help out the entire team and especially the S’s

• Like 2

Great:

- Henry Ruggs makes our entire offense better. BY FAR. It's because you always have to respect his speed, and it opens up the shallow and medium passing game which Carr likes. A comparison is Texans Offense with Fuller last year? 4th. Without Fuller? 23rd. Chief Offense with Hill last year? Best in the league. Without Hill? Pathetically Average. Ruggs is HUGE for our offense. And he's also going to be a star. Two amazing plays by that man.

- Getting a win in KC. FINALLY! Great team effort.

- Gruden called a perfect offensive game, absolutely perfect. Stayed aggressive the entire time as well.

Good:

- Derek Carr had a fantastic game. Props to him, the monkey is off his back! He was 0-9 on Sundays against KC and 0-6 in KC, and finally shut everyone up today. Absolutely tremendous performance. He only had two bad throws all day long. He's in the good category and not great because that really bad INT was a 14 point swing. But man, Carr was absolutely great. Just like the Saint game. However, not gonna give a full evaluation on Carr until the entire end of the season. I got way too into Carr 6 games in last year, and he made a complete 360 the final 10 games.

- Nelson looks like a true WR2. What a great signing.

- You guys gotta give the D props and stop complaing so much. We just held a Top 3 Offense in check, and shut down Mahomes on multiple drives in the second half. We also shut down a Top 6 Offense in the Saints a few weeks back. Had a decent game against Carolina who is 3-2 and a Top 10 Offense. Had a good game in 1st half against the Pats before the offense kept fumbling ruining the momentum. They were awful against the Bills but another Top 5 Offense. In 5 games, we have played 4 Top 10 Offenses. And a pretty good offense in the Patriots on top of that, their stats are just skewed because of Brian Hoyer last game.

- Trayvon Mullen is going to be a stud.

- Ferrell had a nice game. Not great by any means, but I'm satisfied.

- Glad to have Kwait back, he is very good for us! May even be our second best player on defense behind Mullen.

- Give PG credit, he adjusted in the 2nd Half just like he did against the Saints. Ya'll treat this man like Rob Ryan.

- Team is disciplined for the first time in decades! Loving the limited penalties this year.

Bad:

- Our run blocking needs to get better, Richie was probably our best Run Blocker... need him back!

- Our nickelback situation is soooo bad. Joyner is the worst Nickel in the league, and Robinson is almost the same thing. At least Robinson's excuse is he simply isn't ready. He was a pure project pick that needed 1 year minimum to develop, preferably two.

- I can't think of anything else...? Good game all around.

It's funny, Carr struggles against KC historically but he's like the only AFC West QB capable of beating them like the last 6 years. He has a great game against them every couple years.

Having Ruggs back really opens up this offense alot. He's probably not even 100% yet but he doesn't need to be to make a huge impact. Defenses have to respect the speed. Saw him draw coverage going in motion on two TDs. Gruden was chomping at the bit to get him back and you see why. He's already one of our most important players, and I can't wait to see our O with him fully healthy.

We should be a good offense, though, so I'm not completely shocked we played well on that side of the ball. QB in his 3rd year of offense + highest paid oline + Top 6 RB, + Top 3 TE + Top 15 drafted WR ...yeah we should be good and we are.

But the defense...I don't know what I saw was real. That's what shocked me the most.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It's funny, Carr struggles against KC historically but he's like the only AFC West QB capable of beating them like the last 6 years. He has a great game against them every couple years.

Having Ruggs back really opens up this offense alot. He's probably not even 100% yet but he doesn't need to be to make a huge impact. Defenses have to respect the speed. Saw him draw coverage going in motion on two TDs. Gruden was chomping at the bit to get him back and you see why. He's already one of our most important players, and I can't wait to see our O with him fully healthy.

We should be a good offense, though, so I'm not completely shocked we played well on that side of the ball. QB in his 3rd year of offense + highest paid oline + Top 6 RB, + Top 3 TE + Top 15 drafted WR ...yeah we should be good and we are.

But the defense...I don't know what I saw was real. That's what shocked me the most.

Obviously still a lot of football left to be played but Carr's on pace for a career high in yards, touchdowns, completion percentage, yards/attempt, quarterback rating, and also a career low in interceptions. 

Yeah, Ruggs impact has been huge. We're 3-0 and averaging 36 ppg when he plays and 0-2 and averaging 21.5 when he sits. 

Defense was amazing in the second half, Guenther saved his job. 

It wasn’t perfect, but this was my favorite win in years. I’d say I even enjoyed it more than any of the big wins in 2016. DC getting over the hump in KC is huge.

Ruggs made a big difference to our offense. Even when we don’t target him he creates so much more space underneath. Unfortunately crybaby Kelce still had a good showing but I actually think we held them in check better than we have done in recent seasons (even if 32 points doesn’t feel like it).

An additional bonus was reading through the NFL Gen Week 5 thread and seeing the Chiefs fans crying about the officiating. “We should be 45-32 up because of a missed DPI in the 3rd quarter.” Yeah ok, welcome to being a Raiders fan forever.

• Like 1

Best win since the AFC Championship game against the Titans.

Credit to where credit is due. Big props to Derek Carr for going into Arrowhead and pulling off the unthinkable. Could have easily folded like previous years after the INT, but came back out and threw a dot. Showed a lot and proved me wrong. I am critical of Carr, but I do show respect when respect is earned. 

Also credit to PG. The adjustment he made with going with a 3 man pass rush was a huge difference in this game. The Raiders weren't having issues getting pressure the issue was Mahomes leaving the pocket which is the one thing you dont want him to do because because then it turns into backyard football and they will always win with that type of playing style. I mentioned in the game day thread to put a spy on him and PG did it and it changed everything.

Ruggs may not always put up the yards, but the effect he has on the offense is undeniable. Great to see him get his first TD and Mossing that KC DB.

Ferrell was impressive all game. This was his best game so far imo. This game was by far better then the game against the Chargers last year.  

Great to have Trent back I know he was tired but him being out there was so important to this team

Great win statement game to show the NFL that this is a team to take serious

Also you cant start E.Harris anymore. Enough is enough he is awful 

One last thing D.Jones deserves to be on the active roster that man was busting his @ss every play. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Also credit to PG. The adjustment he made with going with a 3 man pass rush was a huge difference in this game. The Raiders weren't having issues getting pressure the issue was Mahomes leaving the pocket which is the one thing you dont want him to do because because then it turns into backyard football and they will always win with that type of playing style. I mentioned in the game day thread to put a spy on him and PG did it and it changed everything.

Crosby said the defensive game plan was to be repetitive with our coverages and pressures in the first half and then mix it up in the second half to throw Mahomes off and it worked. 

• Like 1

This really may have been the best Rookie WR class ever, at least as a whole. No Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc, but what I mean is damn near everyone looks great.... Ruggs looks great, Lamb looks great, Jeudy looks great, Jefferson looks great, Aiyuk looks great, Claypool looks great, what a great WR class so far.

• Like 2