Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Based on the scoreboard, it looks like there was more good than bad in this game.  Congrats on a nice win over the Chiefs, Raiders fans!!!!!!!!

Yep I have no complaints at all in this game except Nickelback play and some minor run blocking issues. Pretty happy day and all around great team performance.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also can we give a big shoutout to Nick Kwit? 

The Patriots ran the ball 38 times for 250 yards (6.8 ypc) against us.

The last two weeks combined with him in the lineup we've given up 44 carries for 143 yards (3.25 ypc).

Kwit is our second best defensive player currently behind Mullen, I don't see how there's any doubt about that. He was great against the Panthers too.

Amazing how much having Kwit, Ruggs, and Brown back meant to this team.

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We should be getting Incognito, Collins, and Hurst back for the Buccaneers game. Meaning the only starting caliber player we'll be missing is Arnette. 

Frankly I wouldn't care if Collins and Hurst don't come back. Smith and Jones showed up better. The first time we had pressure interspersed throughout a game.

• Like 1

Today was definitely one of Ferrell’s better games of his career. 

this team can win a lot of games with this type of aggressive offense imo. Games like today make the usual checkdowns/conservative offense all the more frustrating. Need to play with this urgency even when Mahomes isn’t on the other side. 

And I love Henry Ruggs. 

12 minutes ago, TLO said:

Today was definitely one of Ferrell’s better games of his career. 

this team can win a lot of games with this type of aggressive offense imo. Games like today make the usual checkdowns/conservative offense all the more frustrating. Need to play with this urgency even when Mahomes isn’t on the other side. 

And I love Henry Ruggs. 

Yeah, Ferrell definitely had a good game today. 

I think we've been good offensively all year so far. We moved the ball at will against the Patriots but Jacobs fumble in the red zone, Carlson's missed FG, and our inability to score a TD after Abram's interception and our long drive in the 4th that would've cut their lead to 6 cost us a ton of points. 

And last week we moved the ball at will against the Bills but had to settle for 3 after Ingold got stuffed, settling for 3 after getting inside their 10 on our first drive in the second half, and then Waller/Carr's fumbles late cost us a ton of points as well. 

Ruggs impact has been huge for us even though today was his first really productive game. In the games that he has played his speed has made such a huge difference and opened up so many things for the rest of our passing game. He has only really been healthy for 6 quarters and already has 3 catches of 45+ yards. 

This game was basically a fanfic come to life

Agholor is looking like a steal. Ruggs finally got his 1st TD in the exact type of play I wanted. Booker showed some nice moves to relieve Jacobs.

Gruden's vision, I believe, has come together on offense. IDK what the hell Paulie G planned or what the players were on but they were lights out as can be against a team like KC. Hoping it's not an abberation 

The truly great thing is having a win like this come before a bye. Heal up, develop a good gameplan, and come out guns blazing against the Bucs 

• Like 1

Kwit, Agholor, and Booker are all 3 fantastic signings for sure. 

If we move forward with Edwards, Ruggs, Renfrow, and Agholor (playing like he has), we have to have one of the best WR/TE corps in the league. 

Booker has been a great backup for Jacobs. 

Kwit sets the tone on D. 

Still some moves to make on D, but we look super on O for sure.

• Like 1

Amazing - Mr. Derek Can Do No Wrong After The INT Carr. The man, the myth, tonight's Raider LEGEND!!! AHHHHH. 

THE WIN!!!! AHHHHHH

Good - Josh Jacobs. Nelson Best Hands In The NFL Agholor! Ruggs! Kwit and his run defense. Trayvon Mullen! The fact that I get to enjoy this win for 2 weeks!!!

Bad - That I didn't pound beers sooner!!! The fact that this can only happen once a season!!! Who cares, we did it!!!

Ugly - We need a nickel CB. We need to improve our pass rush. We need a player that can match up with TEs like the Patriots have. Not really anything ugly. Just my observations. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Ugly - We need a nickel CB. We need to improve our pass rush. We need a player that can match up with TEs like the Patriots have. Not really anything ugly. Just my observations. 

Ideally if we upgrade at S that player will be able to matchup with TE. Kelcee had a big game but we did a nice job of limiting him in the second half to 1 reception for 6 yards. And coming in to today we had only given up 10 catches for 94 yards and 0 TDs to opposing TEs.