NYRaider

Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Punt, punt, punt, int vs pat mahomie 

signed,

raider defense 

We held him to 8/15 for 103 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT in the second half and sacked him twice. 

We also held Tyreek Hill to 0 catches and Kelcee to 2 catches for 13 yards in the second half. 

Chiefs will bounce back, but if Cam played last week, they are 3-2 imo. Pats outplayed them almost all game but Brian Hoyer is a 4th string QB in this league... no idea why they started Hoyer over Stidham. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs will bounce back, but if Cam played last week, they are 3-2 imo. Pats outplayed them almost all game but Brian Hoyer is a 4th string QB in this league... no idea why they started Hoyer over Stidham. 

The Chiefs smashed on the Texans and Ravens but they needed OT to beat the Chargers in Herbert's first start, their offense never looked great against the Patriots, and they lost to us. Feels good to drop 40 on them though considering they came into the game only allowing 17.5 ppg. They had also only allowed 3 passing TD's through the first 4 weeks and Carr dropped 3 today. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs smashed on the Texans and Ravens but they needed OT to beat the Chargers in Herbert's first start, their offense never looked great against the Patriots, and they lost to us. Feels good to drop 40 on them though considering they came into the game only allowing 17.5 ppg. They had also only allowed 3 passing TD's through the first 4 weeks and Carr dropped 3 today. 

Pats are a lot better than people think imo. Without Cam getting COVID, and one play away from winning against Seattle, they are 4-0. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pats are a lot better than people think imo. Without Cam getting COVID, and one play away from winning against Seattle, they are 4-0. 

They're definitely one of the most underrated teams in the league. They held us to 20 points, the Chiefs offense to 19 points, and the Dolphins to 11 points. 

24 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read that the raiders had 23 QB pressures, 23 wow.

According to PFF we had 23 pressures and 3 sacks on Mahomes 57 drop backs. And he completed only 38% of his passes on plays he was under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read that the raiders had 23 QB pressures, 23 wow.

With an under strength DL as well. Thought the new guys Jones, Smith and Vickers contributed really well. Ferrell hustled hard as always tbf to him. 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

With an under strength DL as well. Thought the new guys Jones, Smith and Vickers contributed really well. Ferrell hustled hard as always tbf to him. 

Ferrell's pass rush win rate today probably matched his season total coming into the game. 

It has been nice to see Crosby finally show some consistency as well. Third straight game with a sack and he's on pace for double digit sacks again this year. We need other guys to continue to step up. 

The first two weeks we had 1 total sack and the last three weeks we've had 6. Obviously not great but 2 sacks per game is on par with what we did last season. 

Wow, what a great game to watch!

The Good

Defence making adjustments, varying the pass rush, being unpredictable and bringing well timed blitzes. Well done Paul Guenther, saved his job.

Derek Carr, thought he might struggle after the bad Int but he put it to the back of his mind, trusted his pass protection and threw strikes all over. Really gutsy and exactly what we've all been asking for. Earned that respect today.

Pass rush actually caused disruption, they didn't get home as we had a collection of random bodies inside but they all played with huge effort.

Kwiatkoski, the General is exactly that. The D looks night and day with him in there, great game.

Great game plan by Gruden and Olsen, plenty of play action, deep shots and the Chiefs D looked confused at times. I liked we featured Waller then moved the emphasis away meant KC couldn't key on anyone.

Booker looks a good #2 back to my surprise, played really well and earned his snaps.

Jeff Heath worth every penny of that contract for that one interception.

Nevin Lawson, another really solid game for our most underrated player. If only he had stickum on his face mask he'd have half a dozen Interceptions per season! 

The refs deserve credit for once, a couple 50/50 DPI calls they got right as no calls and that OPI on Kelce was picked up too. No call on Abram hit was good too.

The Bad

Run blocking again struggled at times and early 2nd half yards were really hard to come by and it was really tough to run out clock. We really miss Incognito and Jackson isn't playing up to that contract.

We need an interior stud, Mahomes scampered round all day and we were chasing shadows most of the game. An interior guy who can collapse the picket would double our sack production.

Throwing screen passes to the slowest guy on the field, Witten. We do it every game and its just never going to work.

The Ugly

Seeing Beta male Mahomes scamper off the field so as to not shake hands with Carr, obviously fearful his effeminate hands would be crushed by Derek's Alpha male grip 😁😁

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Seeing Beta male Mahomes scamper off the field so as to not shake hands with Carr, obviously fearful his effeminate hands would be crushed by Derek's Alpha male grip 😁😁

I think the league is trying to reduce/eliminate post game handshakes as much as possible to try and reduce covid transmission. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:
3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think the league is trying to reduce/eliminate post game handshakes as much as possible to try and reduce covid transmission.

Yeh, I'm not really serious. There was all that nonsense in the QB thread about 'Alpha' males, winbers, losers and Carr being a 'Beta' and so on so I thought Id reference that! 😀

• Like 1

If the Raiders can get that type of rush every game then this defense will be serviceable. They did it against a KC offensive line that usually does a good job keeping pressure away from Mahomes. 

Not sure what was told to them or what they did different during the week, but we saw the ability they have and that was without Hurst and I guess Collins. No excuses going forward with the pass rushing. Next game against the Bucs with a very suspect OL need to go out in two weeks and continue to get those pressures

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not sure what was told to them or what they did different during the week, but we saw the ability they have and that was without Hurst and I guess Collins. No excuses going forward with the pass rushing. Next game against the Bucs with a very suspect OL need to go out in two weeks and continue to get those pressures

I think guys are starting to get used to playing again and are getting into real football shape. Typically we'd have 4 preseason games before our first game and today was the 5th game on our schedule so it'd be equivalent to week 1. Rod M only had like 14 padded practices with the DL before the season started after no OTA's so it's hard to really coach guys up in such a short time span. 

We've seen Crosby start to get home on some sacks lately. Now we need Collins and Hurst to start finishing some plays as well.