Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Makes sense to what there doing with Jacobs. Give him some rest, but I also think it could be effecting him in getting into a grove. 

Booker is only averaging like 3-4 carries per game. And Jacobs is currently leading the league in touches and on pace for like 400 touches on the year which we've only seen from a handful of players in the last decade. Jacobs inability to get into a groove has been due to our poor run blocking, imo. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Booker is only averaging like 3-4 carries per game. And Jacobs is currently leading the league in touches and on pace for like 400 touches on the year which we've only seen from a handful of players in the last decade. Jacobs inability to get into a groove has been due to our poor run blocking, imo. 

Its hard to force misses tackles when your OL starts acting drunk when it's time to block. Glad we have Trent back, but I think Incognito will get the run game going with his attitude. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I saw this in the Notable stats and didn't want to clog it.  Maxx Crosby was a great pick up and he reminds me a lot of Jared Allen not sure he'll get to that level but I can see him being a solid double digit sack guy.  Also how has Carl Nassib been?  He was a decent rotational guy for Bucs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I saw this in the Notable stats and didn't want to clog it.  Maxx Crosby was a great pick up and he reminds me a lot of Jared Allen not sure he'll get to that level but I can see him being a solid double digit sack guy.  Also how has Carl Nassib been?  He was a decent rotational guy for Bucs

Key has played way more snaps than Nassib this year and Vickers has played almost as many. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He has really started to pick it up the last few weeks. Should have another double digit sack season for us. It's sad that Nevin Lawson is currently 2nd in sacks for us this season

Yep, must do better.......... But on the plus side our DL will have more interceptions than Lawson 😁😁

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

Nassib has been very quiet sadly. I liked him a lot as a FA addition (albeit overpaid) but against the Chiefs he did have a couple of early pressures and looked very lively before injuring his foot. Not sure the prognosis on the injury though.

File this under ugly:

Raiders getting a ton of hype now. When have the Raiders ever shown well when they start getting hyped? The bulletin board material being afforded KC for the next game is getting pretty heavy.  

I'm optimistic, but cautious. Every time this team starts to turn the corner, they seem to get smacked back to reality. 

Maybe I'm conditioned from decades of losing football, but this never seems to work out for them. Was just a week ago everyone wanted to fire the DC lol. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

File this under ugly:

Raiders getting a ton of hype now. When have the Raiders ever shown well when they start getting hyped? The bulletin board material being afforded KC for the next game is getting pretty heavy.  

I'm optimistic, but cautious. Every time this team starts to turn the corner, they seem to get smacked back to reality. 

Maybe I'm conditioned from decades of losing football, but this never seems to work out for them. Was just a week ago everyone wanted to fire the DC lol. 

Just what we are all used to now.  Gotta break the cycle.

58 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anyone think Andre James could be a good guard. He always been solid at center, and was a former LT who was highly regarded. Wonder if he could be better than Gabe Jackson. 

Well, we have Good, Simpson and Cotton also so probably Good and Simpson get first shot and Good looked ok but not great. Pretty good guards can usually be drafted around the 3rd round or so as its not a glamour position. I haven't really seen enough of James......

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Was just a week ago everyone wanted to fire the DC lol. 

I still want to fire Guenther. We played well in the 2nd half for sure but we still gave up 32 points and over 400 yards in the game. Our winning isn't sustainable if we continue to give up 30+ points every week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, we have Good, Simpson and Cotton also so probably Good and Simpson get first shot and Good looked ok but not great. Pretty good guards can usually be drafted around the 3rd round or so as its not a glamour position. I haven't really seen enough of James......

Good's okay as a depth option but I don't love him as a starter. Our OL should be our biggest strength if we want our identity to be a smash mouth football team and we've seen a noticeable decline in our OL play without Brown and Incognito. If Incognito retires and we cut Jackson I hope that we look to add two new starting guards in the offseason, throw a big deal at Joe Thuney or Brandon Scherff and then draft someone like Trey Smith or Wyatt Davis in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Nassib has been very quiet sadly. I liked him a lot as a FA addition (albeit overpaid) but against the Chiefs he did have a couple of early pressures and looked very lively before injuring his foot. Not sure the prognosis on the injury though.

Agreed he looked good early against the Chiefs. He was on an injury report earlier in the year with an illness so maybe that was holding him back. Shame the toe injury is gonna see him miss some time now.

Edited by Dessie