Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr actually helped himself out with the kc game. Now dbs don’t know how to play him. You try to shortstop carr and he’ll take ya top off. Need to see another similar performance to make everyone believe that the kc game wasn’t a fluke tho. 

Carr has been taking more shots down field all season though, he already has 4 TD passes 20+ yards down field. And that number could/should easily be 6 already because Ruggs should've scored when he got stopped on the 1 yard line against Carolina and that Agholor 50 yard bomb should've counted as well. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Bridgewater, Herbert, and Brady are all tearing it up in new systems.

I wouldnt say Teddy is tearing it up, 6 TDs and 3 Ints, 3 wins vs bad teams. Herbert has played well but hasnt won. Brady has played well. Overall, the defense sare behind and offenses that have had some continuity are doing well. Things will start to even out. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carr completed 70.5% of his passes last season and threw for 4,050 yards with a significantly worse group of weapons around him. The only two years the he has had a similar group of talented weapons around him he threw for 28 and 32 TD. We've also had the toughest 5 game stretch to open the season and have the easiest remaining schedule in the league the rest of the way. 

Carr's comp % is only 2.5% better then it was last season and he made a 6% jump between 17 and 18, then a 1.5% jump between 18 and 19. His Y/A is only 0.3 yards better then last season and he made a 0.5 jump between 17 and 18, then a 0.6 jump between 18 and 19. His yards per game are only up by 25 and that should be sustainable as our weapons in the passing game are light years ahead of where they were last season. 

If I had to guess I think it's reasonable to predict Carr finishing with around 4,200 yards, 35 TD, and 7 INT. 

I think you are close to what he will end up with and it would be a very good season.  It might not seem like a huge difference but an extra 400 yards and cutting the Ints in half is huge.  He is bound to have 2-3 bad passing games and there might be a game or two that we do not need him to put up big numbers to win.  A lot of Carr's stats have come when playing from behind, garbage time, and check downs.  I like that this will not be the case this year but this will also make it harder for him to duplicate the stats.  I am very happy with him so far this year and if he keeps it up then he should be kept.  He only has 2 cold weather games so that should help him also.  We have to wait and see but I am happy so far.  We all need to remember that he will have good games and bad games.  When he has a good one he is not an MVP and when he has a bad one we do not need to have MM start the next game.  At this point I just want to see more good than bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I wouldnt say Teddy is tearing it up, 6 TDs and 3 Ints, 3 wins vs bad teams. Herbert has played well but hasnt won. Brady has played well. Overall, the defense sare behind and offenses that have had some continuity are doing well. Things will start to even out. 

Over the last three weeks Teddy has thrown for 825 yards (75% comp + 8.1 Y/A), 5 TD, 1 INT and they're 3-0 without McCaffery. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 10:49 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr actually helped himself out with the kc game. Now dbs don’t know how to play him. You try to shortstop carr and he’ll take ya top off. Need to see another similar performance to make everyone believe that the kc game wasn’t a fluke tho. 

Idk how you yungsters transfer thing from thread to thread but dessie I got time 

On 10/15/2020 at 6:49 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

This is what you call ‘props’. Surely you have something better? 

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

This is what you call ‘props’. Surely you have something better? 

Tell me you weren’t surprised we beat kc like that. that was honest 

next thread this is fun find the one where I talk about carr dusting off the muskets 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN