Scott Turner’s offense

naptownskinsfan

I think his offensive scheme lacks imagination. McVay has 3-4 things happening before they even snap the ball. ST offensive doesn’t put the defense back on their heels. There’s no misdirection or anything to give the defense something to think about. Even though are o line isn’t great, I would like to see a more shots down the field. I know our offensive needs help to say the least but to me it’s not that hard to prepare against ST offense. 

I don’t know everyone feels but I wish we had D Orlovsky as a OC (I know it won’t happen) He knows offensive and really knows how to break plays down. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

I know I am beating a dead horse....but there is no way we can even figure out if it could work unless he fixes the run game.  It is a crying shame we didn't keep Peterson if only to clearly determine if the problem is the running backs.  It seems to me that Turner and Matsko need to be locked in a room and change the blocking scheme immediately.  

The Lack of misdirection with the the poor oline we have is mind blowing to me,We have 3 wrs in Terry Wright and Gandy Golden that can get yards on reverse that make a defense have to respect the misdirection we have to do something so the Dlines can't pin their ears back on go after QB.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

The Lack of misdirection with the the poor oline we have is mind blowing to me,We have 3 wrs in Terry Wright and Gandy Golden that can get yards on reverse that make a defense have to respect the misdirection we have to do something so the Dlines can't pin their ears back on go after QB.

We miss Steven Sims on those jet sweeps. We should use McKissic on jet sweeps IMO.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I know I am beating a dead horse....but there is no way we can even figure out if it could work unless he fixes the run game.  It is a crying shame we didn't keep Peterson if only to clearly determine if the problem is the running backs.  It seems to me that Turner and Matsko need to be locked in a room and change the blocking scheme immediately.  

The problem is that there is so much change going on.  Changing from man blocking to zone blocking.  Changing offensive schemes.  Now changing QBs.  This was always going to be a rebuilding year, and now pressure is on this team to win the division despite all of those changes, and the problems with Coronavirus and the off-season program.  

Ron wants to talk about putting his players in a position to succeed.........he's not doing that right now.  Sometimes success isn't measured by wins and losses.  

• Like 1