Scott Turner’s offense

naptownskinsfan

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think part of the issue this season is Dan is trying desperately to hold onto the team. No I don’t think he’ll be forced to sell but considering the allegations against him and the team, he should be. It’s hard for me to agree that Snyder doesn’t want to win or doesn’t care about it, I just think he sucks at it. I do think he loves the team and would kill for a super bowl but his decision making is so poor that’s it’s just never going to happen. If by some act of god we do end up with Lawrence they’ll ruin him too. 

I can see it being that way too. But for me its like if you owned a pizza joint. We all hated you and hated your pizza. Would you really care that much about improving the product? Cause if you do or dont. Youre making the same money and were still going to hate you.

I think thats why Bruce stayed on year after year. Gaining more control all the time. To me it just feels as Dan has soured on everything but the business aspect of the company. Cause really, thats all it is. Just a business. And I dont think its that way for Dan alone. Ive heard them say a few times that its probably only 30% of the teams or less that are actually out there trying to win. The rest just see it as a business. It would seem if Dan were really putting in the effort for team success. Wed be doing alot better against that 70% portion than picking top 5 all the time.

I hope it has a long way to evolve still.  Currently, it is hard to get excited about.  There are of course lots of fingers to point- the oline, the lack of weapons, the lack of qb.  Excuses a plenty.

One way to put Scott Turner in perspective is to consider the Trevor Lawrence twist.  I know we are not going to be in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence, but if we were, do you really think Lawrence would be excited to come play for Scott Turner in the Turner offense?  

On 10/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, offbyone said:

I hope it has a long way to evolve still.  Currently, it is hard to get excited about.  There are of course lots of fingers to point- the oline, the lack of weapons, the lack of qb.  Excuses a plenty.

One way to put Scott Turner in perspective is to consider the Trevor Lawrence twist.  I know we are not going to be in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence, but if we were, do you really think Lawrence would be excited to come play for Scott Turner in the Turner offense?  

I’d be more excited to play in Scott Turner’s offense than Adam Gase or Jason Garrett’s offense.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, mar29020 said:

its a west coast offense.

West coast offenses work great when everything is in sync, when the WRs run sharp & correct routes and when the QB is really accurate. When that doesn’t happen, you get what we’ve gotten so far this year. I hope we see growth the second half of the year and I hope that Steven Sims returns next Sunday vs the Giants bc he should be a big help in the slot in the middle of the field to Allen.