NFC WEST WATCH

MDY10

23 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

At that price yes I’m glad we weren’t involved.

At that price we had no chance of even thinking about being involved

He isn’t worth close to that these days when compared to his production, but its funny to see some really downplay what he is now that he has signed with a rival

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

At that price we had no chance of even thinking about being involved

He isn’t worth close to that these days when compared to his production, but its funny to see some really downplay what he is now that he has signed with a rival

Personally my thoughts on him haven’t wavered after this. He was great he’s been injury plagued and at what 33 years old you just don’t know what you’re going to get. And while we need to replace some pass rush if we lose Floyd I don’t think the position Watt plays solves that and it may create more roster issues. Best of luck to him and the Cards but glad we weren’t in on this.

10 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Personally my thoughts on him haven’t wavered after this. He was great he’s been injury plagued and at what 33 years old you just don’t know what you’re going to get. And while we need to replace some pass rush if we lose Floyd I don’t think the position Watt plays solves that and it may create more roster issues. Best of luck to him and the Cards but glad we weren’t in on this.

Yea I didn’t mean you on that part

He never fit an actual need we have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Overrated. Washed up ..past his prime. Always hurt. So glad we passed

Definitely wouldn't want him at that price and I too am glad we passed, but I don't think these assessments are fair.

Last 4 seasons? For sure been unhealthy. It would scare me immensely. But he's played in 136 of 168 games total career and just played all 16.

Past his prime? Sure. Washed up? Hard disagree. He lead the league in edge pressures last year. He was double teamed at the highest edge rate last year and finished with the 7th best win rate. Just because we didn't get him and he went to a division rival doesn't mean we should diminish the player.

I love seeing people say they’re glad we didn’t sign him as if we ever stood a chance haha (not so much here but elsewhere) We have a mess of a cap situation with some important players of our own we need to worry about. 
I won’t go sour grapes and say he’s washed up. But he’s most certainly not what he used to be and also a massive injury concern. He was never a guy I was hoping for—even cap issues aside. 

With all of that said, I can’t believe he chose Arizona. Just came way out of left field. Never saw it coming and it just doesn’t make sense. Call me a homer but they’re the bottom of this division IMO and I thought he was chasing a ring? Too many other places that seemed to make more sense. All that aside, he obviously improves the Cardinals D, but it still doesn’t scare me. They’re not a “legend passed his prime” away from being a legit contender. 

• Like 1

Would I have loved Watt? Sure.

Did I think we could afford him? No. Unless he had aspirations of making it in Hollywood.

Was it a need? Nah not really. Could use another rusher on the D-Line to pair with Donald, but it's not as pressing as other needs.

Am I tired of the NFC West accumulating the most talented players in the league? YES ENOUGH ALREADY, GIVE US 2 GUARANTEED PLAYOFF SPOTS.

I'm not scared of Arizona at all, but if they're in the NFC East theyre favorites right now. It's ridiculous how skewed the talent level is in this division vs others. The ProBowl should just be the NFC West vs the rest of the league. If we win, we get a 2nd playoff spot the following year. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...