NFC WEST WATCH

MDY10

3 minutes ago, RamRod said:

San Francisco making a big deal, presumably for a QB

Wow. big news. I think they definitely grab a QB. No way they feel that good about Jimmy G. But look at that.. I think more teams will follow the rams with these first round pick trades. SF now has no first until 2024. Has to be a QB. 

36 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

****!! Means they prob will get Wilson. Wilson will be an elite QB for years and SF will dominate if it happens. I hope it doesn't

He's a boom or bust guy for me. Unfortunately, he's going to play for Shanahan on a team that's 2 years removed from a Super Bowl. 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

He's a boom or bust guy for me. Unfortunately, he's going to play for Shanahan on a team that's 2 years removed from a Super Bowl. 

He's not going to be a bust. I can tell you that. I'm surprised you don't see the significant difference between an elite QB or a "potential" elite qb. This kid has the "it" factor. If you don't see it...maybe study him up more. I will wager anyone on this. 

5 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

He's not going to be a bust. I can tell you that. I'm surprised you don't see the significant difference between an elite QB or a "potential" elite qb. This kid has the "it" factor. If you don't see it...maybe study him up more. I will wager anyone on this. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CM5DC-_gVIP/?igshid=4bhfk17qj3v4

5 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

You can see the talent, but soft schedule and injury to throwing hand and shoulder are scary to me. Everyone wants the next Mahomes and unfortunately, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. Pairing with Shanahan will be great for his chances to succeed though (unfortunate for the NFC West).

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You can see the talent, but soft schedule and injury to throwing hand and shoulder are scary to me. Everyone wants the next Mahomes and unfortunately, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. Pairing with Shanahan will be great for his chances to succeed though (unfortunate for the NFC West).

Yea yea yeah..."weak schedule". I hear that all the time. This kid is built different. He is in the same category as Rodgers / Mahomes in that comparison. He will be a Zach Wilson. A name of his own. I feel like I can scout a qb as good as anyone. I'm telling you he's not built the same. The injuries could happen to anyone at anytime. It's football. I don't think the ones you mentioned affect him.

Edited by RamPackFan

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

Yea yea yeah..."weak schedule". I hear that all the time. This kid is built different. He is in the same category as Rodgers / Mahomes in that comparison. He will be a Zach Wilson. A name of his own. I feel like I can scout a qb as good as anyone. I'm telling you he's not built the same. The injuries don't seem to be effecting him. If anything hold him back that would be the only thing. 

I mean, sure? You just named the two best QB's of the last 12 years outside of Brady so that should show you how rare it is we see "generational" talent.

I do think the level of QB talent that's come into the NFL in the last 5 years is better than we've ever seen before. I'm just saying Wilson's stock rose later on in the year and we see these kind of hype trains happen every draft during Combine/Pro Day season. He made a few wow throws today, but it's a different story when Aaron Donald is stairing you in the face and not Coastal Carolina DT's who will be gym teachers in 2 years

This trade does make me feel better about Stafford. We have a much more defined window with better short-term upside. Trading that much to not even know which rookie QB you are betting on is tough. I'd feel a lot better if I was a 49ers fan and got to #2 so I knew we were getting our guy. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This trade does make me feel better about Stafford. We have a much more defined window with better short-term upside. Trading that much to not even know which rookie QB you are betting on is tough. I'd feel a lot better if I was a 49ers fan and got to #2 so I knew we were getting our guy. 

I've been racking my brain for the last hour trying to make sense of what you just mentioned. Saleh had to of tipped his hand in some fashion to Lynch/Shanahan cause you can't make that trade pre-draft and not have an idea who will be there. 

If the Jets take Wilson, you just traded all that for the 3rd best QB in a draft.

If the Jets pass on Wilson, then why wouldn't they take that trade offer from SF? 

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've been racking my brain for the last hour trying to make sense of what you just mentioned. Saleh had to of tipped his hand in some fashion to Lynch/Shanahan cause you can't make that trade pre-draft and not have an idea who will be there. 

If the Jets take Wilson, you just traded all that for the 3rd best QB in a draft.

If the Jets pass on Wilson, then why wouldn't they take that trade offer from SF? 

I think they have to know who they are getting. It's one thing to like both Fields and Wilson (maybe Lance too?). But do they really like both enough to give up that much capital to move up 9 spots? That seems unlikely to me. 

Edited by LeotheLion

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I think they have to know who they are getting. It's one thing to like both Fields and Wilson. But do they really like both enough to give up that much capital to move up 9 spots? That seems unlikely to me. 

Completely agree. They have to know and I imagine Saleh tipped his hand to them, but does that mean the Jets are taking Wilson or they aren't? lol so lost.

• Like 1