Any chance we can talk Ozzie Newsome out of retirement

skinsfan68

Any chance guys?  We need a GM that knows what he is doing, something we haven't had in a long long time.  He seemed to know what he was doing when he was in Baltimore.  If we can't get him we need to get someone that realizes that if we want to be a respectable team we need to get some offensive linemen.  If a teams MVP is their punter then they suck and right now T. Way is our MVP.

Ozzie had full control of the Ravens.  Bisciotti left him to run everything as he saw fit on the football end.  He's not getting full control of Washington, so why bother?  He's built two Super Bowl winners and maintained a winning record during most of his tenure, and handed it off to the next guy up.  Time to enjoy retirement. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 10:12 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Ozzie had full control of the Ravens.  Bisciotti left him to run everything as he saw fit on the football end.  He's not getting full control of Washington, so why bother?  He's built two Super Bowl winners and maintained a winning record during most of his tenure, and handed it off to the next guy up.  Time to enjoy retirement. 

Agreed.

That being said. If I'm Snyder, I'm still reaching out to him and offering him whatever he wants to come here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe because he isn't the answer. 

Maybe not. But “promote bright young mind with eye for talent and NFL lineage” probably isn’t the worst idea out there for filling a GM role. 

I think it’s gotta have a higher success rate than “give veteran HC full control over personnel decisions,” doesn’t it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Maybe not. But “promote bright young mind with eye for talent and NFL lineage” probably isn’t the worst idea out there for filling a GM role. 

I think it’s gotta have a higher success rate than “give veteran HC full control over personnel decisions,” doesn’t it?

You got me there

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

The good news is that FOR NOW Kyle Smith is still in the building and he’s building the draft. I think that Rivera likes Kyle Smith and he has a lot of respect and sway in decisions at WTF HQ. 

Kyle Should 100% have been made the GM last March though, Lavar, you and others have been right about that. He got a promotion but he doesn’t have as much power/final say or at least equal say w/ Rivera, as he should.

Edited by turtle28