Dak Prescott carted off field

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Animism said:

Thats a career changer there :( Wish he had gotten that contract. And hoping for a smooth recovery for him.

If there's no structural damage, it's not a career-changer - other than that it may curtail his desire to be quite so scramble-happy as he's been.  Bone heals stronger than it was pre-break and if he has a plate(s) put in, that isn't going to be a hindrance.  The biggest concern, as was stressed in the GDT, is how low the break was because of the potential for stressors put on the Achilles tendon (particularly given that this is his plant-leg, IIRC).

I say this as someone whose sport career was derailed by ankle injuries, but it was the most severe on that did it (the dislocation), it was the second injury that carried damage to the extensor retinaculum and the extensor digitorum longus that was the career-derailer/alterer for me.  Muscle tissue doesn't reknit with the superior strength the way bone does; quite the opposite, typically.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Gonna depend on ligament/tendon damage

When the bone pokes through the skin, there is bound to be some

True, and also obviously can’t have any infections. I believe that’s what made Smith recovery so long, they had to keep operating and removing tissue to fight off infections.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If there's no structural damage, it's not a career-changer - other than that it may curtail his desire to be quite so scramble-happy as he's been.  Bone heals stronger than it was pre-break and if he has a plate(s) put in, that isn't going to be a hindrance.  The biggest concern, as was stressed in the GDT, is how low the break was because of the potential for stressors put on the Achilles tendon (particularly given that this is his plant-leg, IIRC).

I say this as someone whose sport career was derailed by ankle injuries, but it was the most severe on that did it (the dislocation), it was the second injury that carried damage to the extensor retinaculum and the extensor digitorum longus that was the career-derailer/alterer for me.  Muscle tissue doesn't reknit with the superior strength the way bone does; quite the opposite, typically.

I agree. I had to stop playing sports for 2 years after breaking my tib/fib and minor muscle damage. A rod was put in that sapped a LOT of what I was able to do, with running and jumping. Hoping its just bone and a clean break, even though I'm not a fan, just because I know how unfair it feels when it happens.

Just now, Animism said:

I agree. I had to stop playing sports for 2 years after breaking my tib/fib and minor muscle damage. A rod was put in that sapped a LOT of what I was able to do, with running and jumping. Hoping its just bone and a clean break, even though I'm not a fan, just because I know how unfair it feels when it happens.

If they're doing surgery straight away (i.e. tonight) which Mort/Schefty said was the case, I'd wager it wasn't a clean break.  Clean break they'd just reset.  My initial injury, ligament-wise was mostly hyperextensions (so minor tears) that mostly just sapped some of my pace and lateral explosiveness.  The second and third injuries ultimately left my ankle stability threatened and unable to run on hard surfaces without pain.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Earl Thomas and Dak.

This is why you sit out for contract negotiations.

Or this is why you take the 35 Million dollar 5 year offer rather than "betting on yourself" and insisting on 4 years and/or 40 Million

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 4

My heart sunk when this happened. I've kinda grown to like Dak kinda like Romo. Dak had every right to fight for what he's worth. Cowboys don't deserve dude after letting the Eagles and Rams lock up Wentz/Goff earlier than Dak, then still waiting and letting Mahomes and Watson go before him too. I hope he comes back strong for another team.