Dak Prescott carted off field

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

If there's no structural damage, it's not a career-changer - other than that it may curtail his desire to be quite so scramble-happy as he's been.  Bone heals stronger than it was pre-break and if he has a plate(s) put in, that isn't going to be a hindrance.  The biggest concern, as was stressed in the GDT, is how low the break was because of the potential for stressors put on the Achilles tendon (particularly given that this is his plant-leg, IIRC).

I say this as someone whose sport career was derailed by ankle injuries, but it was the most severe on that did it (the dislocation), it was the second injury that carried damage to the extensor retinaculum and the extensor digitorum longus that was the career-derailer/alterer for me.  Muscle tissue doesn't reknit with the superior strength the way bone does; quite the opposite, typically.

I had sort of the same injury, went towards the sideline to tackle the RB. The RB cut inside and my foot got stuck in the muddy field, so my right leg turned 90 degrees one way which resultet in a spiral fracture on the fibia, and then I went backwards which turned the leg 90 degrees another way. Basically tore every ligament except my achilles. I also crushed the cartillage between the tibia and the foot which means I have limited movement in my ankle joint and some bone on bone action. That and the nerve damage is still an issue.

My profile pic is after the doctors tried to pull the foot back in place for a second time

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Earl Thomas and Dak.

This is why you sit out for contract negotiations.

Definitely. Fortunately for Thomas he still got 4 yr/$55M which was the third largest contract for a safety in NFL history at the time. And I think Dak will still get a huge deal this offseason even if the Cowboys don't want to pay him. I'm sure the Jets, Jaguars, or Washington would hand him a blank check. With the Colts (Rivers/Brissett both FA), 49ers (can cut Jimmy G with minimal dead cap), and possibly even the Patriots being other potential landing spots for him. I could also see the Giants or Broncos taking a long look at him as well depending on how Lock and Jones play the rest of the year. 

Back in 2010, Danny Cipriani suffered something very similar, and at a time at which he was expected to make the England flyhalf jersey his own.

Bearing in mind how relatively-poor rugby clubs are in terms of medical facilities/provision - and most certainly were - in comparison to NFL teams, his 4 and a half month recovery time between the break and putting his boots on should reassure those of you stressing about Dak's prospects for 2021.

The issues that we had with Danny were the on-field problems with confidence that followed, and the temptations that come with a 20 year old prodigy, but Dak's probably got his head screwed on straight.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yup. Unfortunately, how NFL contracts go, this is the only way. The NFLPA needs to take a big stance, but they won't...

They won’t. 1.8% of the league any given year has to worry about the franchise tag. It’s not something the majority of the union is going to waste negotiating power on.

Also not for nothing, the Cowboys were going to give Dak the most guaranteed money ever until the Mahomes contract. His grievance was he wanted a shorter contract because of the renegotiated tv contracts coming up. This wasn’t about Dallas not giving him a fair deal. It was about him wanting a quicker route to another negotiation. He had extreme levels of money and the security players typically look for on the table 

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

If they're doing surgery straight away (i.e. tonight) which Mort/Schefty said was the case, I'd wager it wasn't a clean break.  Clean break they'd just reset.  My initial injury, ligament-wise was mostly hyperextensions (so minor tears) that mostly just sapped some of my pace and lateral explosiveness.  The second and third injuries ultimately left my ankle stability threatened and unable to run on hard surfaces without pain.

Wasn't it also dislocated?  I didn't see it live and I doubt I want to.  I have a weak stomach for this kind of stuff.  😟

I dont think the injury changes a thing for his new contract. Yes it is a shame he went down but it may bode well if Dalton shows he is not that good, if it wasn't for Gallups two amazing catches they could have easily blown that game. If Dallas struggles Dak may be in a great spot to get what he wants. There are also other teams that will  likely come away with an offer as well. Niners may be something to watch as they have the pieces on offense and defense with Jimmy G only costing 3 mil in dead cap next year if they cut him. Dak hits the open market he is likely going to find a team to pay him what he is seeking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont think the injury changes a thing for his new contract. Yes it is a shame he went down but it may bode well if Dalton shows he is not that good, if it wasn't for Gallups two amazing catches they could have easily blown that game. If Dallas struggles Dak may be in a great spot to get what he wants. There are also other teams that will  likely come away with an offer as well. Niners may be something to watch as they have the pieces on offense and defense with Jimmy G only costing 3 mil in dead cap next year if they cut him. Dak hits the open market he is likely going to find a team to pay him what he is seeking.

Definitely still getting paid. But I still believe it's the Cowboys that will sign him to a long-term extension.
But if I'm Prescott I'm bolting for SF. Imaging him with Shanahan and that defense. Could be a very good combo 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So...who wins the NFCE now

My prediction is that the Cowboys offense won’t average more than 21-22 points a game going forward and their defense will start to improve to only giving up a around a still embarrassing 30 points a game.  We might get 3 more wins if lucky.  5-11 ain’t  winning this division.  

• Like 1