Michael Thomas... seriously?.......

Mid Iowa

Super happy for the win, and concerned on 2 very specific things:

1) I really concerned about Brees' happy feet. I know nobody wants to get hurt in their (possibly) final season, but he's really missing very open receivers and ditching the ball when there are no defenders around him yet. Basically, if he doesn't get the look he thinks he's going to get right out of the gate, he doesn't really go through his progressions.

2) We have really good secondary players who continually underperform. I'm going all out broken record here, yet again, and saying we need new staff to coach our secondary.
Our D-line/front 7 kept us in the game last night, period. Had it not been for them, this had the makings of a 42-9 type blowout performance. Our secondary was out of position on many occasions, and had quite a few mental errors, especially that long TD on P.Rob.

On the upside - I'm really digging how our receivers are stepping up in the absence of MT and Harris.

Another upside - Sean Payton seems more committed to the run than I've seen him be in YEARS!! This will ultimately be a game changer, especially with the aging of Brees.