Dak suffers compound fracture, out for season

D82

33 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, maybe you can feel bad for him simply because he's a human being and inarguably good dude who is currently experiencing a lot of pain and a long road of recovery to get back to doing what he loves.

Well put.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, maybe you can feel bad for him simply because he's a human being and inarguably good dude who is currently experiencing a lot of pain and a long road of recovery to get back to doing what he loves.

Of course I feel bad he got injured , nothing to do with his financial situation that he put himself In

1 hour ago, Northland said:

It takes a team to win a championship.  That is lost on some people.

That argument falls short on the pay scale.

And I agree with the "team" concept. But that does not reflect in the pay scale when it comes to positions.

Not my rule, just the hand I was dealt.

28 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

That argument falls short on the pay scale.

And I agree with the "team" concept. But that does not reflect in the pay scale when it comes to positions.

Not my rule, just the hand I was dealt.

For all my posturing Dave,I think Dak has played his last game in Dallas.  It will be difficult for the club to franchise him again to the tune of $38 million  given the severity of his injury and the impact it may have on his game.  As big of a fan of Dak as I am I don't know if I would take that risk.  I think Dallas will gamble that some QB starved franchise will take a flyer on Dak, and they will let him walk with compensation.  That's business.   If that happens I will wish him well.

I think the larger issue is we have to get smarter at handing out lucrative deals to players who have had one good season.  Said players get the deal and then production magically, mysteriously disappears - Smith, Crawford, Lawrence.  We have to get more ruthless about walking away from quality players who are injury prone.  We have to recognize talent and reward it.  We need to take look at the model franchise in this recent era and ask what would Belichick do?  Answer and follow through.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I'll echo Matts suggestion of poaching Rosen, outside of that it's major slim pickings. Maybe the JJ can con Romo out of retirement. lol

With the way the o-line looks like right now, I'm not sure Romo would even think about it.