Will the 49ers miss the playoffs?

Slingin' Sammy

The niners are picking top ten. Way too many injuries, and even if they get some players back,  the schedule is brutal from here on. 

Do what they did two years ago, bottom out, draft a stud way earlier then they should have drafted normally. 

39 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Yes. They either played Jimmy G too soon from an ankle injury or he has regressed alot. It won't matter because their defense is shot.

Today was mostly the injury....I think. He wasn't lights out against the Cardinals, but this was a new level of atrocious that I can only assume stems from his inability to put weight on the ankle

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Niners might finish with 7-8 wins. Jimmy looked rusty, everyone seems banged up, and Bosa was clearly by far the best player on their football team. 

They will probably be back to 11-12 win dominant form in 2021, with an added Top 10 pick. 

That's what I'm hoping for.

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Niners might finish with 7-8 wins. Jimmy looked rusty, everyone seems banged up, and Bosa was clearly by far the best player on their football team. 

They will probably be back to 11-12 win dominant form in 2021, with an added Top 10 pick. 

I can see them going after a QB in the offseason, especially if they have a top 10 pick. Beats having to trade multiple firsts to move up for one in a future year. 

Yes. They're 2-3 but their 2 wins came against the Jets and Giants who are arguably the worst two teams in the league. And they have an extremely tough slate of games coming up with their next 7 opponents being: vs Rams, @ New England, @ Seattle, vs Green Bay, @ New Orleans, @ Los Angeles, vs Buffalo. As of now I think they'd be an underdog in all 7 of those games. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I can see them going after a QB in the offseason, especially if they have a top 10 pick. Beats having to trade multiple firsts to move up for one in a future year. 

Will still be tough though because Lawrence and Fields are both likely going to be top 5 picks so they'd still probably have to trade up to land either guy. Then there's Trey Lance who's extremely raw and at least 1-2 years from being ready to start in the league, IMO. You could free up like $23M in space by cutting Jimmy G this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if you guys are a dark horse to sign Dak this offseason. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Looking forward to the rest of their schedule they'll probably be an underdog in like 9/11 of their remaining games. 

They are battered and came through their easy stretch just 2-3 instead of 4-1 as they should have, at minimum (if they were any good). Schedule only gets harder. I see 6 to 7 wins, but I won't count out defending NFC champs, 9-7 could happen, and that could sneak them into playoffs.

Their whole passing game is just a mess right now between QBs and pass protection. Shanny will need to figure something out quick if they want to have any hope of a playoff run.

11 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

The last spot will come down to MIN, CHI, SF, and AZ. 

I take it you have the Rams and Saints/Bucs as the first two wild card spots. I think the Rams will get in as the #5 seed, but I see either the Saints or Bucs struggling to get in. The Panthers could make a run as well, and I personally see them finishing above the Vikings. The 49ers will have to really make something happen to have a chance with their remaining schedule.

Edited by UncleAdamz