Week 5 - Rams vs. Seahawks

RamRod

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're now contending that Watkins thought it was a running play? Read what you quoted again. WATKINS DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE A TARGET. And then there's this McVay quote:

“Sammy’s a player that, he wants to be involved,” he said. “You never know when your opportunity is going to come, but let’s just make sure that snap in and snap out, you continue to compete and contribute to the best of your ability.

“Sometimes when you don’t get your number targeted it can be a little bit misleading. And that’s what I appreciate about Sammy is, I think he took [the conversation] the right way and expect him to respond the right way.”

It's clear what happened on that play. McVay isn't saying any differently. He's doing his best to protect the player by making you read between the lines, but it's clearly there.

This sub-forum is such a toxic place.

OK you won, he quitted on one route on his last 5 games, we need to cut this FUC*** MORRON IMMEDIATELY  ! I'm so sick of his diva attitude on THIS particulary ONE play of his carreer. 

I really hope we bring back Kenny Britt or Brian Quick to replace him. 

2 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Jrry, cmon man. It was a sorry *** move. In no world does ogletree deserve that contract. Am i supposed to look the other way when hes been downright awful? Im not going to. Its not toxic to call out downright awful moves. Its called holding your team accountable.

I agree Watkins shouldn't of quit on that one play. But you have to acknowledge the fact that we need to get him the ball more, period. To say otherwise is just being stubborn. To harp this much on a single play seems ridiculous to me.

I didn't like the move either, but that's not something a Rams fan should be saying, especially when we're looking up right now. It just strikes me as odd that y'all are jumping down my throat for criticizing a player when y'all have no issues doing the same to other players on this team. And yes, I defend many other players on this team when they make mistakes. The difference here is that I have no patience for guys quitting on the field. If you look last year, I jumped on Britt and Quick for doing the same thing. I wanted Quick benched for it because it was a constant issue with him. Watkins hasn't reach that point yet for me. But it bothers me that he gave poor effort against Seattle (and I reiterate that it was more than one play).

I agree that I'd LIKE for us to get Watkins the ball more. He's a playmaker and our most talented WR. However, I don't agree we NEED to get Watkins the ball more. Our offense is working just fine as it is. If Watkins starts getting the ball more, it'll be because he's getting open. I'm very happy with that. If he earns targets, that'll make our offense that much stronger. Now, Goff has missed Watkins a couple times when he was open. But that's not surprising. Goff isn't perfect (no QB is), and sometimes things happen differently than you anticipate. If Watkins keeps playing hard and keeps getting open, he'll get his. Goff tried to get him his against Seattle. But Watkins cost us a TD because he got upset and stopped running on a play where he believed he was a decoy. We can't have that. Watkins will learn from it. And I hope he tears the Jaguars a new one.

34 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But Watkins cost us a TD because he got upset and stopped running on a play where he believed he was a decoy. We can't have that. Watkins will learn from it. And I hope he tears the Jaguars a new one.

I don't see the connection between getting upset and stop running the route because he thought he was a decoy. 

If he thought he was a decoy on this play, it means that the fact he keeps running the route or not is meaningless because he didn't expect Goff to throw a pass on him anyway. So beeing upset has nothing to do with stopping the route. He didn't do that on purpose. 

Get over it and move on. 

Just now, Flounch said:

I don't see the connection between getting upset and stop running the route because he thought he was a decoy. 

If he thought he was a decoy on this play, it means that the fact he keeps running the route or not is meaningless because he didn't expect Goff to throw a pass on him anyway. So beeing upset has nothing to do with stopping the route. He didn't do that on purpose. 

Get over it and move on. 

You don't understand football then. Decoy or not, you're taught to run your route properly and with full effort on every play. When players don't do that, it's because they're pouting that they're not involved in the play. You're not an effective decoy if you half-arse your route. You're not tricking anyone.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You don't understand football then. Decoy or not, you're taught to run your route properly and with full effort on every play. When players don't do that, it's because they're pouting that they're not involved in the play. You're not an effective decoy if you half-arse your route. You're not tricking anyone.

The only thing i don't understand, is you. 

Archived