Week 5 - Rams vs. Seahawks

RamRod

We made mistake after mistake and cost ourselves a game. McVay was horrible in the second half. He completely abandoned what works for our offense. We deserved that loss. Goff and McVay need to bounce back next week because both stunk this week.

We killed ourselves with the turnovers, Greg's missed FG and Kupp's drop at the end. Our playcalling was terrible and yet, despite all that and the dubious officiating, we should still have won the game.

This is a young team and we will learn from this. The next two games are very winnable (although you never know what Jaguars will turn up on the day), so we can still head into the bye week at 5-2.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season; wouldn't you?

3 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

We killed ourselves with the turnovers, Greg's missed FG and Kupp's drop at the end. Our playcalling was terrible and yet, despite all that and the dubious officiating, we should still have won the game.

This is a young team and we will learn from this. The next two games are very winnable (although you never know what Jaguars will turn up on the day), so we can still head into the bye week at 5-2.

The Jaguars game won't be easy, their defense is as tough as the Hawks. 

8 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

Yes. But we're not there yet. We have to do it. I'm mad because we should have won this game. But young teams lose games like this. McVay, Goff, and the guys need to learn from this one. We can't make so many mental errors and expect to win. On the plus side, John Johnson looks like a heck of a player.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, El ramster said:

I'll get you a better sig brodie.. That thing LQ as hell.

Thanks brother. I had a request to get one in the subforum but I think he forgot about me.

Man, this one stings. Like really really bad. Haven't been this mad in a long time. 

Thoughts after the game:

- That first Gurley fumble was ridiculously flukey. Won't see a play as close as that as long as I live.

- Tavon Austin muffs a punt every time I watch him, and that one cost us a big TD. 

- Goff didn't look great, but no one really did, including Whitworth.

- Mcvay needs to stop finding a way to get Tavon touches and work on getting Watkins touches.

- Cupp should have had that catch. Tough catch, yes, but I've been there (in flag, so to a much lesser degree), and you have to make it. 

- That was DPI on the last play and I honestly believe Seattle would have gotten the call. 

Archived