28 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Horny
    • Zulu’s wake
    • Browns
    • That other team
    • Browns by a lot

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Steelers showed yesterday what a franchise that values continuity looks like. 

Their roster is solid top to bottom. Good OL, HOF QB, exceptional front 7, and solid skill players. They consistently develop talent as they always have a 3 year plan with the same guys making the calls.

Think the defense looked good?  Me too.  That’s what happens when you have 5 home grown first round picks that were selected for the same exact scheme over that whole time period.  The other 3 former first rounders are pretty good too. That’s 8 of the 11 starting defenders being first rounders for those poor at math (plus another former 2nd rounder), 3 of them at LB which is apparently not something we’re ever going to do.

Instead of constant change, sizzle and winning FA they focus on talent development, consistency in philosophy, solid drafting, keeping talent in house and building on what they already have as opposed to our approach of “rebuilding”.

That's what 1st round picks at off ball LB do for you too.

They've had the same defensive scheme for about 30-50 years. That's not an exaggeration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

That's what 1st round picks at off ball LB do for you too.

They've had the same defensive scheme for about 30-50 years. That's not an exaggeration.

Yeah for sure, but it’s more than just linebackers.

We spend 30 million a year and invest multiple picks for WR’s.  They draft one, develop them and then resign them and are good for 7-8 years. Ward, Burgess, Randal El, Williams, Holmes, Brown, JuJu, Mapletron and I’m probably forgetting a few.  

Same goes at pretty much every position.

I don’t want to blur the conversations, but this is why I generally don’t want to move on from Baker just yet.  Let him grow, let us focus resources somewhere other than QB for once ffs, build and improve.  If after next year he’s the same guy, fine, move on.  Hopefully by then we have a better defense and some succession plans in place for some of our older, more expensive pieces.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah for sure, but it’s more than just linebackers.

We spend 30 million a year and invest multiple picks for WR’s.  They draft one, develop them and then resign them and are good for 7-8 years. Ward, Burgess, Randal El, Williams, Holmes, Brown, JuJu, Mapletron and I’m probably forgetting a few.  

Washington, Claypool, Emmanuel Sanders...

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same goes at pretty much every position.

I don’t want to blur the conversations, but this is why I generally don’t want to move on from Baker just yet.  Let him grow, let us focus resources somewhere other than QB for once ffs, build and improve.  If after next year he’s the same guy, fine, move on.  Hopefully by then we have a better defense and some succession plans in place for some of our older, more expensive pieces.

I get it. I don't agree with you on Baker, but I get it. He deserved 3 full seasons as a starting QB, which he will essentially have after this year. Plus, where we will be drafting, I don't see a better option in 2021, so that means he's getting 4 years.

If he can't figure it out after 60+ games in today's NFL where QB play is at an all time high, then the bulk of that's on him, despite what he was given in his 2nd year as a starting QB in the league.

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Washington, Claypool, Emmanuel Sanders...

I get it. I don't agree with you on Baker, but I get it.

This is somewhat unfair as I don’t have a position on Baker yet tbh.

He deserved 3 full seasons as a starting QB, which he will essentially have after this year.

Right, but you made up your mind after year 2, which you also admit was a clustereff in general.

Plus, where we will be drafting, I don't see a better option in 2021, so that means he's getting 4 years.

Agreed.  No immediate, obvious upgrade so let’s see what happens.

If he can't figure it out after 60+ games in today's NFL where QB play is at an all time high, then the bulk of that's on him, despite what he was given in his 2nd year as a starting QB in the league.

I’m 100% on board with this.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is somewhat unfair as I don’t have a position on Baker yet tbh.

Right, but you made up your mind after year 2, which you also admit was a clustereff in general.

I admittedly have said that I'd give him all of 2020, and to be fair, he probably gets a 2nd year in Stef's scheme and 4 overall. That's more than fair.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.  No immediate, obvious upgrade so let’s see what happens.

I’m 100% on board with this.

As adamant and vocal as I've been against Baker, 3 full years is really only fair to about any high drafted QB, especially one in his third completely different scheme. That said, every HC also deserves to have "his own guy" at that position, and Stefanski will not be patient going into Year 3 with a rookie QB and his job on the line IMO.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I admittedly have said that I'd give him all of 2020, and to be fair, he probably gets a 2nd year in Stef's scheme and 4 overall. That's more than fair.

As adamant and vocal as I've been against Baker, 3 full years is really only fair to about any high drafted QB, especially one in his third completely different scheme. That said, every HC also deserves to have "his own guy" at that position, and Stefanski will not be patient going into Year 3 with a rookie QB and his job on the line IMO.

I think stef has proven he might be the right HC. His saving grace will be, it wasnt his QB. I think Berry would recognize that if Baker proves after next year he isnt the guy. 

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Berry isn’t the guy we need to worry about making an irrational firing.

I feel depo has control of Jimmy’s ear if we got berry and Stef in the building

i also believe this team with prolly win 8 games or so the next few years. Mainly because we will be stuck in 3rd in the division so it will give us favorable schedule. I think jimmy will be fine as long as we’re not winning 6 or less games a year

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I feel depo has control of Jimmy’s ear if we got berry and Stef in the building

i also believe this team with prolly win 8 games or so the next few years. Mainly because we will be stuck in 3rd in the division so it will give us favorable schedule. I think jimmy will be fine as long as we’re not winning 6 or less games a year

I think Jimmy expects playoffs this year tbh.

He may not be “pissed” at 9-7 or whatever, but he won’t be happy.

If we don’t make the playoffs, this roster is getting reconstructed.

OBJ + Jarvis will get moved. Baker might also have his replacement drafted in 2021.

Berry and Stefanski didn’t bring those guys in. If I’m Stefanski, I want MY guy. I don’t want to settle on Baker.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we don’t make the playoffs, this roster is getting reconstructed.

OBJ + Jarvis will get moved. Baker might also have his replacement drafted in 2021.

Berry and Stefanski didn’t bring those guys in. If I’m Stefanski, I want MY guy. I don’t want to settle on Baker.

If I’m Stefanski I want a year to fix the defense. Pairing this defense with a rookie QB and no OBJ or Landry would be a disaster imo.

I think Stefanski and Berry will get a chance to take “their guy”, I don’t think I cash that chip in just yet.

• Like 1