What Would You Do Next?

CAPJ

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

You have to hope Fields pans out. You know what you have in Dak, and he's only been getting better. 

But Dak was more of a game manager between 2016-2018 and you guys were 32-16 (66%) in those games and had a winning record in each season. 

He started putting up the crazy numbers last year and you guys are 10-11 (47%) in those games, finished .500 last season, and looked poised for another .500 or worse season this year. And you guys are 4-6 in games where Dak throws for 300+ yards during that stretch. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

But Dak was more of a game manager between 2016-2018 and you guys were 32-16 (66%) in those games and had a winning record in each season. 

He started putting up the crazy numbers last year and you guys are 10-11 (47%) in those games, finished .500 last season, and looked poised for another .500 or worse season this year. And you guys are 4-6 in games where Dak throws for 300+ yards during that stretch. 

Defense and a few other factors played into the fact we weren't winning. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

But we've also seen with guys like Winston, Stafford, Ryan, and Rivers that gaudy passing numbers don't always correlate with team success. 

With the exception of Winston, those other guys all have made the playoffs. One made the Super Bowl (Ryan), Rivers probably should have made at least one. Hard to really say none of them won one because of their play, more so because of coaching and the team around them. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

With the exception of Winston, those other guys all have made the playoffs. One made the Super Bowl (Ryan), Rivers probably should have made at least one. Hard to really say none of them won one because of their play, more so because of coaching and the team around them. 

That's true but between Ryan, Winston, Rivers, and Stafford they've had 30 combined seasons with 4,000+ passing yards and their teams have only had a winning record in 15/30 of those seasons. When you look at recent Super Bowl history the past 7 winners all had a top 10 scoring defense but only 3/7 had a 4,000+ yard passer and only 2/7 had a QB that threw 30+ TD. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but between Ryan, Winston, Rivers, and Stafford they've had 30 combined seasons with 4,000+ passing yards and their teams have only had a winning record in 15/30 of those seasons. When you look at recent Super Bowl history the past 7 winners all had a top 10 scoring defense but only 3/7 had a 4,000+ yard passer and only 2/7 had a QB that threw 30+ TD. 

I'd still rather have the QB that you know can win you games and use my other resources to build the defense. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd still rather have the QB that you know can win you games and use my other resources to build the defense. 

But you guys were way more successful with him in a game manager type of role then you have been with him in a gunslinger type of role. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

But you guys were way more successful with him in a game manager type of role then you have been with him in a gunslinger type of role. 

If you really think the reason we had more success is because Dak was doing less, and not poor coaching decisions and a defense that regressed, than I don't know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

If you really think the reason we had more success is because Dak was doing less, and not poor coaching decisions and a defense that regressed, than I don't know what to tell you.

I definitely think that a more ball control, run first style offense suited your team better than asking Dak to win shootouts every week. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I definitely think that a more ball control, run first style offense suited your team better than asking Dak to win shootouts every week. 

If the defense did their jobs this season, we would have had a much better record. 

21 hours ago, CAPJ said:

With Dak out for most likely the year, our o-line shattered and non existent defense, would you tank?

Do you try to re-sign Dak at a discount?

Let Dak walk?

Take offers for Zeke, Jaylon, Amari, Tank?

Or keep it as is and try to make a run?

Always listen to offers. Even if we got no more than a 3rd for each player listed, that's five 3rd round picks.  The only player on there worth a damn is Zeke and his legs won't hold up much longer.

You can use some of those picks to work the draft and get multiple 1s and 2s. Pollard will hold up another 2 years or so. We is set with Lamb and Gallup.

15 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

I love Dak, but I don’t think he’s talented enough to take up 20% of a team’s cap and lead them to a championship. I don’t think he is accurate enough. 

I would love for him to prove me wrong.

He is only a top 5 accurate QB ~2.5 out ~4.5 years.