Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

That's what I've been reading/seeing/hearing from the talking heads. With the way this season is going it puts Sewell in play for our 1st rounder as well.

The only shot they have at Sewell is if they are in the top 3, which they aren't going to be.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The only shot they have at Sewell is if they are in the top 3, which they aren't going to be.

A loss to the Falcons probably vaults us into the top 3 for the time being. ;)

One left against the Pack, 2 against the Bears and Lions. Losing Dak hurts the Cowboys, Panthers are playing better, Jags are the Jags, Bucs and Saints will probably only get stronger the longer the season goes up. I'm just not sure I see the wins on the schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

A loss to the Falcons probably vaults us into the top 3 for the time being. ;)

One left against the Pack, 2 against the Bears and Lions. Losing Dak hurts the Cowboys, Panthers are playing better, Jags are the Jags, Bucs and Saints will probably only get stronger the longer the season goes up. I'm just not sure I see the wins on the schedule. 

They're going to split with the Bears...the Bears are a terrible football team, despite being 4-1.  I still see 6 wins left on the schedule...they'll finish 7-9. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, erickendricks4pf said:

might want to rest Dalvin for this game. Mattison should be enough against an abysmal falcons run defense. and now that they have a long term investment in cook, probably smarter to look at the bigger picture. 

Assuming he's not 100%, yes, it would be smart to rest him with the BYE week after the Falcons game.

Edited by VikeManDan
  • Like 1

With Quinn as the head coach, I would definitely feel confident the Vikings would win.  However, the Falcons might get that Romeo Crennell effect that the Texans got on Sunday!  They should be a better team than they've been playing.  I hope not, but with the Vikings luck (and if Cook doesn't  play), Morris gives energy to the Falcons and they are able to put it together. 

9 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

With Quinn as the head coach, I would definitely feel confident the Vikings would win.  However, the Falcons might get that Romeo Crennell effect that the Texans got on Sunday!  They should be a better team than they've been playing.  I hope not, but with the Vikings luck (and if Cook doesn't  play), Morris gives energy to the Falcons and they are able to put it together. 

This is more or less exactly where I'm at heading into next week's game.

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

They're going to split with the Bears...the Bears are a terrible football team, despite being 4-1.  I still see 6 wins left on the schedule...they'll finish 7-9. 

I don't trust your predictions. I don't think we match up well at all with Chicago.

Anyways, inspired Falcons will likely end up having a come from behind win instead of blowing the lead. I think they win 31-28.