Jump to content
swede700

Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

Recommended Posts

I'm still a tad confused as to whether they see Cleveland as a long-term guard or a long-term tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm still a tad confused as to whether they see Cleveland as a long-term guard or a long-term tackle. 

They drafted him as a tackle but in their infinite wisdom decided this guy needs a play a new position. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm still a tad confused as to whether they see Cleveland as a long-term guard or a long-term tackle. 

Until they show me otherwise, it seems that they are convinced he's a guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Until they show me otherwise, it seems that they are convinced he's a guard.

That's what I've been reading/seeing/hearing from the talking heads. With the way this season is going it puts Sewell in play for our 1st rounder as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

That's what I've been reading/seeing/hearing from the talking heads. With the way this season is going it puts Sewell in play for our 1st rounder as well.

The only shot they have at Sewell is if they are in the top 3, which they aren't going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The only shot they have at Sewell is if they are in the top 3, which they aren't going to be.

A loss to the Falcons probably vaults us into the top 3 for the time being. ;)

One left against the Pack, 2 against the Bears and Lions. Losing Dak hurts the Cowboys, Panthers are playing better, Jags are the Jags, Bucs and Saints will probably only get stronger the longer the season goes up. I'm just not sure I see the wins on the schedule. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

A loss to the Falcons probably vaults us into the top 3 for the time being. ;)

One left against the Pack, 2 against the Bears and Lions. Losing Dak hurts the Cowboys, Panthers are playing better, Jags are the Jags, Bucs and Saints will probably only get stronger the longer the season goes up. I'm just not sure I see the wins on the schedule. 

They're going to split with the Bears...the Bears are a terrible football team, despite being 4-1.  I still see 6 wins left on the schedule...they'll finish 7-9. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might want to rest Dalvin for this game. Mattison should be enough against an abysmal falcons run defense. and now that they have a long term investment in cook, probably smarter to look at the bigger picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, erickendricks4pf said:

might want to rest Dalvin for this game. Mattison should be enough against an abysmal falcons run defense. and now that they have a long term investment in cook, probably smarter to look at the bigger picture. 

Assuming he's not 100%, yes, it would be smart to rest him with the BYE week after the Falcons game.

Edited by VikeManDan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Quinn as the head coach, I would definitely feel confident the Vikings would win.  However, the Falcons might get that Romeo Crennell effect that the Texans got on Sunday!  They should be a better team than they've been playing.  I hope not, but with the Vikings luck (and if Cook doesn't  play), Morris gives energy to the Falcons and they are able to put it together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

They drafted him as a tackle but in their infinite wisdom decided this guy needs a play a new position. 

Where is there any evidence that they drafted him as a tackle? 

And many, many collegiate tackles get moved to guard in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

With Quinn as the head coach, I would definitely feel confident the Vikings would win.  However, the Falcons might get that Romeo Crennell effect that the Texans got on Sunday!  They should be a better team than they've been playing.  I hope not, but with the Vikings luck (and if Cook doesn't  play), Morris gives energy to the Falcons and they are able to put it together. 

This is more or less exactly where I'm at heading into next week's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, because Raheem Morris' defense played with so much energy this year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Yes, because Raheem Morris' defense played with so much energy this year.  

About the same as Crennell's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, swede700 said:

They're going to split with the Bears...the Bears are a terrible football team, despite being 4-1.  I still see 6 wins left on the schedule...they'll finish 7-9. 

I don't trust your predictions. I don't think we match up well at all with Chicago.

Anyways, inspired Falcons will likely end up having a come from behind win instead of blowing the lead. I think they win 31-28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...