Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m not making excuses. Losing Hunter Pierce and Barr makes this team worse. The young secondary is going to have growing pains. prior to this game the defense was actually starting to turn it around a bit, leading the leading in 3rd down percentage.

Losing Hunter was not unexpected. Losing Pierce was not unexpected. Having a young secondary was not unexpected. Zimmer is supposed to be this defensive genius. But we’re seeing that if he doesn’t have great players up and down the unit, the defense isn’t very good. And if you need great players for a scheme to succeed, you don’t have a good scheme. 

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m not making excuses. Losing Hunter Pierce and Barr makes this team worse. The young secondary is going to have growing pains. prior to this game the defense was actually starting to turn it around a bit, leading the leading in 3rd down percentage.

Ultimately blaming Zimmer for the defense giving up 20 pts while the QB throws 3 first half picks doesn’t feel like a fair assessment.

Hunter yes.

Barr no. He’s not very good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Losing Hunter was not unexpected. Losing Pierce was not unexpected. Having a young secondary was not unexpected. Zimmer is supposed to be this defensive genius. But we’re seeing that if he doesn’t have great players up and down the unit, the defense isn’t very good. And if you need great players for a scheme to succeed, you don’t have a good scheme. 

Zimmer had nothing to do with those players becoming great?

are you ever going to address the QB? 

51 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

The WORST part about all of this is we will finish middle of the pack, far and long away from Lawrence and Fields. We will STILL be strapped to the cap with Kirks contract, the Wilfs are AFRAID to fire Zim after just giving him a new contract. And we will enter 2021 with almost the same team as this year plus a few mid round OL and DL. And we all know our track record with drafting DLs and OL. 

I've never felt more of a depression as a fan in my life. I hate where we are at and I hate where we will head. 

Not after today. We aren't beating the Packers, Bears, or Lions. I see 4-12 at best, that's good enough for a new QB or in the very least a chance to trade up.