Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

13 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Wasn't able to watch the game And was curious how did Ezra Cleveland look? Read he gave up a sack but that doesn’t worry me all too much as it’s his first game starting. 

Ups and downs. Didn’t look out of place. Didn’t get pushed around. 

Zimmer and Kubiak should be let go for a offensive minded head coach. I’m honestly fine with keeping Slick Rick as long as the HC and him can get along and have a similar vision about what to do with the team. But at this point I feel like Zimmer & Co is holding back this team. Our offense could be prolific but it seems like we’re stuck behind poor play calling with little to no creativity. Hopefully we can draft a QB this year let him sit for a year if he need be and let Kirk walk in 2022 (sounds like we can from what I’ve read in the forums) 

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Nope, they're fully convinced Rick and Zim intentionally built a bad team to tank.

I think I have a theory as to why this team is so bad, but it has to do more with politics/social issues than football. Can't really discuss it here.

Edited by SteelKing728

So our young guys got a lot of playing time and showed some good things. Gladney and Dantzler are awesome in the run game but lost in coverage at times. Harrison Hand wasn't bad.

Cleveland was better than Samia. Still some bad things but not inexcusable.

Wonnum and Lynch were quiet.

Jefferson is a baller.

Oh and Irv Smith is catching on!

Skol to moral victories!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think I have a theory as to why this team is so bad, but it has to do more with politics/social issues than football. Can't really discuss it here.

This was probably the worst year for the vikings to not have a preseason. 

Not that it would have made a ton of difference but a lot of players are getting their first NFL game action as starters with no preseason

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I don’t think any team fears him.

Hes a soft player much like majority of our defensive players. 

4 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I don't agree with this at all. Every time hes asked to cover I cringe.

I don’t see him as soft, I just see him as not as physical as he probably should be. Where I am is he is a mismatch with his size vs interior lineman on 3rd down. He brings a sense of urgency to the offense. 

he probably shouldn’t be in coverage outside of the flat, but that’s a known thing, it’s usually a breakdown or a play lasting longer than it should when he has to do that. 
he’s big, fast, and understands the defense, but he’s not dominate, he is missed on the defense ..........

but this team really misses Hunter, who should sit out the rest of the year.