Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I don’t see him as soft, I just see him as not as physical as he probably should be. Where I am is he is a mismatch with his size vs interior lineman on 3rd down. He brings a sense of urgency to the offense. 

he probably shouldn’t be in coverage outside of the flat, but that’s a known thing, it’s usually a breakdown or a play lasting longer than it should when he has to do that. 
he’s big, fast, and understands the defense, but he’s not dominate, he is missed on the defense ..........

but this team really misses Hunter, who should sit out the rest of the year.

If Barr was used to rush the QB it might be justified, but he isn't

Hunter is more vital to the success of the defense. I agree he should sit out and get right. As someone that speaks from having 2 herniated discs last year, spine and neck injuries are no joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

If Barr was used to rush the QB it might be justified, but he isn't

Hunter is more vital to the success of the defense. I agree he should sit out and get right. As someone that speaks from having 2 herniated discs last year, spine and neck injuries are no joke.

Already a lost year let him sit so he can get right so he doesn’t have to deal with this post career. 

27 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I don't know what they were expecting with Cleveland... putting him on the other side of the line when he's been on the left side the whole season and in college, and up against the likes of Grady Jarrett.

Yup, would've preferred to see Udoh. Perhaps Cleveland looked better in practice?

Really, really, really wish they would stop jerking players around. I'm getting some TJ Clemming vibes with Cleveland and what they've done thus far with him.

19 hours ago, RpMc said:

I don't know what they were expecting with Cleveland... putting him on the other side of the line when he's been on the left side the whole season and in college, and up against the likes of Grady Jarrett.

Y'all actually did a great job of containing Jarrett. But you literally doubled him every play.

Season is a success if we lose enough games to get Zimmer fired. Which would be step 1 of an acknowledgment of serious work to be done. 

What opening record does it take for a mid season Zimmer firing?

1-8 is my guess if we get 3 more consecutive losses to each divisional opponent after this weeks bye. Plus that 3rd game will be Monday night so everyone can see.

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Season is a success if we lose enough games to get Zimmer fired. Which would be step 1 of an acknowledgment of serious work to be done. 

What opening record does it take for a mid season Zimmer firing?

1-8 is my guess if we get 3 more consecutive losses to each divisional opponent after this weeks bye. Plus that 3rd game will be Monday night so everyone can see.

I think the bigger problem is Spielman but if Zimmer has to go to get things moving, so be it. Spielman has made multiple disastrous decisions in regards to the QB position and isn’t showing that he can manage a roster retooling, which is something every team that peaks has to deal with as they manage the cap. Unfortunately, they put all of their cap in the pay elite QB money basket to find out that they got a complete dud. 

• Like 1

The only reason to fire a coach mid season is to try and salvage the season some how, some way. At 1-5 the season is all but lost. The 7th playoff spot adds a bit more hope to try and squeak in, but the odds still aren’t likely in your favor. 

If the team loses its next three and sits at 1-8, then there’s really no point in firing him. Let him go down with the ship. 

Zimmer may not have an answer, or the ability to fix what’s happening on the field, but I don’t believe his relationship with his players is poor enough to lose the locker room like Childress did. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only reason to fire a coach mid season is to try and salvage the season some how, some way. At 1-5 the season is all but lost. The 7th playoff spot adds a bit more hope to try and squeak in, but the odds still aren’t likely in your favor. 

If the team loses its next three and sits at 1-8, then there’s really no point in firing him. Let him go down with the ship. 

Zimmer may not have an answer, or the ability to fix what’s happening on the field, but I don’t believe his relationship with his players is poor enough to lose the locker room like Childress did. 

I'd also like the Vikings to begin the interview process early. Great candidates, like Eric Bieniemy, will start getting interviewed early. The only solace is a lot of those candidates will be playing well into January, if the Vikings hold off on firing Zimmer until season's end.