Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

21 hours ago, swede700 said:

Julio Jones, outside of the game vs. the Seahawks, has been a non-factor all season long.  I'm not sure I'm all that concerned.  And if I recall, last year, Rhodes wasn't even on him exclusively...and even in the instance before Rhodes (in Jones' rookie year), Jones was a non-factor.    Ridley, potentially, is going to be a bigger problem than Jones.  

Ridley is now the WR1 in ATL.

He's who I'm worried about.

21 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Here we go again. One of a few reasons why MN shouldn’t have extended Cook. He can’t go a season without getting dinged up and we’re only a handful of games into it. It’s unfortunate because he’s really talented but what good is that talent do you’re not suit it up to play or playing through it?

1) It's a minor injury. At the end of this season let's see what RB doesn't get dinged up at some point. If he screwed up his knee you might have a case -- but no.

2) There's no reason this team shouldn't have extended him. He leads the league in rushing by over 100 yards.

3) Go root for some other team if you don't like him. Who do you like Josh Jacobs? Go root for Las Vegas. Why? Because the Vikings offense runs through Dalvin Cook.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Would that matter to you?  

It does matter to me, because for me, it'd be pretty much an even swap and unnecessary move.  Tannehill, as far as I'm concerned, is no more of an answer than Cousins is.  Sure Tannehill has made strides, but how long will it last?  The athleticism advantage will only last a certain amount of time.  If Tannehill were 28 instead of 32, maybe I'd consider it more, but as it is, I think, unless you're a HOF level player, 35 for a QB is generally the end of the line for a starter (as I believe it is for Cousins).  

4 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

And still lost the game. 

Yeah by 1 point to a 5-0 team -- what's your point?

You asked what the team's identity was. It's obvious you knew and just don't like it. 

Since Barry the Detroit Lions' identity has been to pass the ball for ever and that hasn't worked either.

With what we have in place right now -- with our situation at guard when asked to pass-protect outside of play-action -- where Cousins has someone immediately in his lap sacking him -- causing fumbles -- causing distressed passing situations -- with an O-coordinator in Kubiak and the leading rusher in the league right now -- do you really think we are in a situation to change our offensive philosophy?

No...no you don't think it's a good idea to change the identity (philosophy) right now.

Edited by babababa

This should be a relatively easy win considering how prone to choking the Falcons are, but then the Vikings haven't looked much better recently. I hope to see us run a lot, not turn the ball over, not lose at the last minute in heartbreaking fashion, and not give big contracts to any more injury-prone players.

3 hours ago, babababa said:

Yeah by 1 point to a 5-0 team -- what's your point?

You asked what the team's identity was. It's obvious you knew and just don't like it. 

Since Barry the Detroit Lions' identity has been to pass the ball for ever and that hasn't worked either.

With what we have in place right now -- with our situation at guard when asked to pass-protect outside of play-action -- where Cousins has someone immediately in his lap sacking him -- causing fumbles -- causing distressed passing situations -- with an O-coordinator in Kubiak and the leading rusher in the league right now -- do you really think we are in a situation to change our offensive philosophy?

No...no you don't think it's a good idea to change the identity (philosophy) right now.

With the Vikings, you never know what you’re going to get and if a team has the opportunity to comeback and win you already know what’s going to happen.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, swede700 said:

While this is a Falcons thread, you wait and see, the Bears are going to crumble like an overdone cookie. Foles, if he's still the QB, is a nothing-burger outside of Philadelphia...and the Bears defense can be run on.    

To be serious about this coming game though, I do expect to see a better performance from Atlanta then they've played thus far, but Zimmer does have a history of success against the Falcons...in fact, he's 4-0 against them while he's been the head coach here.  I fully expect him to handle them again.  The Falcons offense has been middle of the pack, which isn't enough to carry their really bad defense.

So this same bears team that is one of the best in the league right now, that has swept us the last two seasons, you think this one we are going to beat them?

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

So this same bears team that is one of the best in the league right now, that has swept us the last two seasons, you think this one we are going to beat them?

"One of the best in the league right now" and "Bears" should never be used in the same sentence.  Don't let their record fool you into thinking that.

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

The Bears are worse than their record in the same way that the Vikings are better than theirs. 

21 hours ago, babababa said:

1) It's a minor injury. At the end of this season let's see what RB doesn't get dinged up at some point. If he screwed up his knee you might have a case -- but no.

2) There's no reason this team shouldn't have extended him. He leads the league in rushing by over 100 yards.

3) Go root for some other team if you don't like him. Who do you like Josh Jacobs? Go root for Las Vegas. Why? Because the Vikings offense runs through Dalvin Cook.

Not to be rude, but he leads the league in rushing and we are in last place!! 

The NFL is not a running league anymore.. 

as for leading the league, our backup had 100 yards as well this past week. Again, RB’s are a dime a dozen..