Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

What is Sam Darnold's Trade Value?

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If you are picks 2 and lower you keep Darnold and hope the next HC can change him. 

The head coach doesn't need to change him they need to add guys that are actually good at football around him.

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I think the Jets could still get a decent draft pick for Darnold if they were to trade him, remember it only takes one team to fall in love with you and you have to think there were many coaches and GMs before the draft that really wanted Darnold. Obviously his play hasn't been what was expected but we also know his situation is not very good and he is only 23 years old so there is plenty of time for a good staff to help him turn his career around...so what teams might be interested?

Colts - Rivers looks to be about done and they might not pick high enough in the draft to grab one of the big 3 rookie QBs in next years draft

Falcons - Need to start looking at a replacement for Matt Ryan but they should be picking Top 5

Football Team - This staff looks to be done with Haskins

Lions - They will be bringing in a new staff I would assume, maybe trade for Darnold and have him sit behind Stafford for one season if they cant trade him

Saints - Need to find a replacement for Brees but maybe Winston is their guy?

Bucs - You would think Brady is only going to play 1-2 more years

49ers - It doesn't seem Kyle Shanahan is fully in love with Jimmy G

Patriots - Cam seems like a good fit there, I would think they would sign him to a 2-3 year deal but if not then maybe they look at Darnold

Jags - Should be picking high enough for a top rookie QB plus Minshew has had his moments

Broncos - Lock has already had a couple injuries in his short career, he will need to show signs of being the guy the rest of this season of they could maybe look to find someone new

I think there are enough options out there that someone will offer a decent draft pick for him

Bears - need a QB of future and Foles, even if he starts playing well, has never been able to stay healthy over long stretches and tends to take a lot of shots with good OLs.  Bears OTs are not good in pass pro and they just lost their starting OG for season.

Steelers - Ben R. may retire following the season.

It only takes two teams to be interested for it to move to at least a 2nd round pick.     I think that he is still only 23 years old means something.   That is same age as Burrows.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, drew39k said:

By your own admission, that was the cost for Goff and Lawrence is considered a better prospect than Goff. It's a baseline. It kinda goes without saying that if the team trading up has a higher value pick then there would be less ancillary picks thrown in.

Not a baseline. What the Rams did doesn't necessarily set any rules for trades, or anything. Lots of variables involved. If it works out they have the #1 to trade, I hope for you guys' sake the Jets DO get the same haul...

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ehlingher? As in Sam Ehlinger?

lolno

Sam Ehlinger is just awful at football.

Not true, but we'll move on and say, like, Trask then. 

Darnold on the 49ers would be nice, he'll explode there with a good offensive mind and run game. 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold on the 49ers would be nice, he'll explode there with a good offensive mind and run game. 

I'm kind of hoping we take a shot at him