Jump to content
beardown3231

Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

Recommended Posts

It'd be nice to see the beloved put together more than one good quarter of offensive football

Carolina is beat up defensively

Bridgewater has been better than I anticipated

Maybe the pass rush can build on the hellacious performance vs Brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Mike Davis revenge game goes their way (but he does get a ton of yards)

I think this is the most complete offensive performance, and the D looks great, 27-17 Bears.  I've managed to pick the winner in all the Bears games this year, so I just jinxed us.  I also made some crack about losing on a Cody Parkey doink, so maybe not... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pass rush seems to be getting to what I was expecting. 

They get a lot of yards but don't get into the endzone near as much, the redzone seems to be a strong point for the Bears. 

24-14 Bears

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think this is the most complete offensive performance, and the D looks great, 27-17 Bears.  

Don't know about the score as Carolina is coming along fairly well. The rest of your take will end up being spot on, I think. 

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Carolina is beat up defensively

That's the thing to be most scared about. Will we see twenty five yard pass attempts on 3rd and 1? 

Edited by Heinz D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a litmus test game. If we win I would put us in the category of a good team, if we lose I put us back in that lucky team category.

Edited by MonserinNC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't know about the score as Carolina is coming along fairly well. The rest of your take will end up being spot on, I think. 

That's the thing to be most scared about. Will we see twenty five yard pass attempts on 3rd and 1? 

Dunno, but I am not opposed to picking on the DBs one bit!  I am a bit unclear on their D line situation but it does appear they have DE injuries as well, so maybe this weekend it's going to work for Montgomery to bounce outside.  

I feel like if Nagy puts together a good plan they should be able to win even if they start from behind. 

Also genuinely excited to watch Teddy B, as it sounded like he was a goner a couple years ago. 

I think this is the weekend for the new smoker. My neighbor just smoked a 14lb Wagyu brisket and the jealousy is strong now. 

Any ideas for a drink pairing with this game? Last week was a rum cocktail and a whole bunch of Octoberfest beers, drawing a blank this week.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is anyone scared of the Panthers? Bridgewater is a OK QB who can make mistakes and doesn't hurt you too much. I don't think Christian Macaffery is even playing and the rest of the team is average.

23-20 Bears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Why is anyone scared of the Panthers? Bridgewater is a OK QB who can make mistakes and doesn't hurt you too much. I don't think Christian Macaffery is even playing and the rest of the team is average.

23-20 Bears. 

I mean, we did all pick the Bears, and everyone that gave a score made it a bigger margin than you, so why are YOU so afraid of the Panthers? :)  Cue them scoring 75 on us.

McCaffrey is able to come back, they're going to test his ankle, but my best barometer for player health (the neighbor with the smoker plays a lot of fantasy) thinks he won't play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I mean, we did all pick the Bears, and everyone that gave a score made it a bigger margin than you, so why are YOU so afraid of the Panthers? :)  Cue them scoring 75 on us.

McCaffrey is able to come back, they're going to test his ankle, but my best barometer for player health (the neighbor with the smoker plays a lot of fantasy) thinks he won't play 

Well I was thinking Panthers would get some garbage TD at the end to make the game a classic heart attack special :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Well I was thinking Panthers would get some garbage TD at the end to make the game a classic heart attack special :) 

Fair nuff.  The Bears this season certainly have that "visit your cardiologist if you watch more than 60 minutes of Bears per week" feel. Still fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know how to feel about this game.  Something tells me it's going to be one of those weird games where everything goes right for the Panthers and nothing right for the Bears but I hope I'm wrong.

Panthers are playing better than I expected to this point.

Plus Bridgewater did well against this same D last year. 

Hopefully McCaffrey is still out for this one to give us a better chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think this is the weekend for the new smoker. My neighbor just smoked a 14lb Wagyu brisket and the jealousy is strong now. 

Any ideas for a drink pairing with this game? Last week was a rum cocktail and a whole bunch of Octoberfest beers, drawing a blank this week.  

Are you doing the smoker, for sure? If so, whatcha gonna smoke? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, Nads786 said:

Why is anyone scared of the Panthers? Bridgewater is a OK QB who can make mistakes and doesn't hurt you too much. I don't think Christian Macaffery is even playing and the rest of the team is average.

23-20 Bears. 

teddy CAN make mistakes, but this season he's only thrown 3 int and is completing 73% of his passes and is 5th in the league in passing yards. He does exactly what hurts the bears, hitting guys in stride allowing them to get YAC. he's a death by paper-cut qb. we need our top RZ-D to step up and not allow his crossers to pick off defenders leaving them open. 

 

This game will be closer than a lot of yall think. Also, Mike Davis has been a stud filling in for C-Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Are you doing the smoker, for sure? If so, whatcha gonna smoke? 

When in doubt, pork shoulder.  Going to try an apple juice spritz on it, supposed to make the bark really caramelize.   I checked, and a Wagyu brisket is really expensive, so I've decided to just buy a cheap brisket, and the next time my neighbor is making one I'll just sneak over and switch them out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...