Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You really think Foles has been that much better to justify the change at QB? Regardless of teams record I'm not seeing improved QB play.

It is better.

He is running a more difficult offense. The max protect/play action on every throw stuff is way down.

Edited by WindyCity

24 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

More of an indictment of Nagy than anything. Dolphins are making good use of him but this coaching staff couldn't do squat with him. Now are people starting to see that coaching may be a problem here?

Foles does not look any better than Trubisky did. Whoever thinks that is lying to themselves.

That was exactly the reason I posted it. Trey Burton is another example.

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I don’t see Mitch winning us the Tampa Bay or this game at all, he flat out sucks. Nick keeps us an advantage for sure, it’s just not a large advantage.I don’t see Mitch winning us the Tampa Bay or this game at all, he flat out sucks. Nick keeps us an advantage for sure, it’s just not a large advantage.

If Nagy is the problem we will never know...

11 minutes ago, dafreak said:

That was exactly the reason I posted it. Trey Burton is another example.

Burton was fine in his first year, and stuff happened that we'll never know what the truth was at the end of that season and it carried into 2019. I get the sense the entire locker room and FO had enough of him. Burton is a weird player to bring up though. He has 11 catches in 3 games this year. He isn't tearing it up exactly, and shockingly enough he missed the first 3 weeks due to.. wait for it.. injury!

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

If Nagy is the problem we will never know...

What do you mean? If they finish with another bad offense I think we'll know it's Nagy. Clearly I'm not a Pace fan but a "good offensive mind" would be getting a lot more out of his guys than Nagy is

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Burton was fine in his first year, and stuff happened that we'll never know what the truth was at the end of that season and it carried into 2019. I get the sense the entire locker room and FO had enough of him. Burton is a weird player to bring up though. He has 11 catches in 3 games this year. He isn't tearing it up exactly, and shockingly enough he missed the first 3 weeks due to.. wait for it.. injury!

What do you mean? If they finish with another bad offense I think we'll know it's Nagy. Clearly I'm not a Pace fan but a "good offensive mind" would be getting a lot more out of his guys than Nagy is

Yes, perhaps Burton wasn't a good example.

As I have mentioned before, my fear is that Mitch leaves and becomes something special. That would be a disaster.

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Cedric Benson blew it up after the Bears stint. Some players are better fits - are you saying Graham didn’t like getting passes from a HOF QB?

He just fits here better than GB.

If we have a QB that is good to great in another offense then I subscribe we build the offense around his abilities, not the other way around...RB/TE is different...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dafreak said:

If we have a QB that is good to great in another offense then I subscribe we build the offense around his abilities, not the other way around...RB/TE is different...

Haha....what team is Mitch becoming something special on?......i guess he might be ok on the panthers but we aren't going to be losing any sleep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You really think Foles has been that much better to justify the change at QB? 

Yes. And my position is obviously a good one. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Regardless of teams record I'm not seeing improved QB play.

Then you're not paying attention. Just because Nagy pulled Trubisky at the very first signs of "Haywire Mitch" returning, doesn't mean things wouldn't have gotten MUCH worse had Nagy not made that move. In all likelihood, we would have seen QB play like we did from last season. In other words, disastrous. 

Not a pretty win but a win nonetheless. Definitely some mistakes in this game that need to be cleaned up. Foles wasn't spectacular but he played well enough. No QB is perfect. This game never once felt like it was out of hand or that we were going to lose. Nice to feel that way for once watching a game. Montgomery starting to show just how freaking good he could be with a decent offensive line. Let's hope they get him one.

• Like 1