Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

beardown3231

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

teddy CAN make mistakes, but this season he's only thrown 3 int and is completing 73% of his passes and is 5th in the league in passing yards. He does exactly what hurts the bears, hitting guys in stride allowing them to get YAC. he's a death by paper-cut qb. we need our top RZ-D to step up and not allow his crossers to pick off defenders leaving them open. 

This game will be closer than a lot of yall think. Also, Mike Davis has been a stud filling in for C-Mac

How many TDs has he thrown? I just looked it up 4.... that is not great at all. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

teddy CAN make mistakes, but this season he's only thrown 3 int and is completing 73% of his passes and is 5th in the league in passing yards. He does exactly what hurts the bears, hitting guys in stride allowing them to get YAC. he's a death by paper-cut qb. we need our top RZ-D to step up and not allow his crossers to pick off defenders leaving them open. 

This game will be closer than a lot of yall think. Also, Mike Davis has been a stud filling in for C-Mac

Are you insinuating everyone believes Bears win easy?   Panthers are favored in the game (Chicago is a heavy betting population).   and many of posters are predicting a Bears loss.   No one is predicting a blow out for Bears.

I haven't watched Panthers yet.  I'll watch them tonight or tomorrow and comment.  

My instincts say Bears win as I can't imagine Panthers have suddenly become this great team without their best player.

Sadly it seems many games are likely to be decided on how officials decide call the game on Bears defense.   If they are going to call roughing, ticky tack PIs, helmet to helmet and not call holding then it is hard for Bears to win games having built team around this defense.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Are you insinuating everyone believes Bears win easy?   Panthers are favored in the game (Chicago is a heavy betting population).   and many of posters are predicting a Bears loss.   No one is predicting a blow out for Bears.

I haven't watched Panthers yet.  I'll watch them tonight or tomorrow and comment.  

My instincts say Bears win as I can't imagine Panthers have suddenly become this great team without their best player.

Sadly it seems many games are likely to be decided on how officials decide call the game on Bears defense.   If they are going to call roughing, ticky tack PIs, helmet to helmet and not call holding then it is hard for Bears to win games having built team around this defense.

go back and look at page 1 of this thread. 4 posters have made predictions, 3 of them have the bears winning by double digits, and the 4th one is only a 3 point win because "I think CAR scores a late TD to make it look closer than it is." I don't have to insinuate anything.

and yes, the line is currently panthers -2.5, which normally means the game is a toss-up with vegas giving the points to the home team - not because people are betting heavily on chicago.

I'm not saying the panthers have suddenly become a great team, but teddy B is running that offense really well, Robby anderson is showing the playmaker that he is, and mike davis is playing like the guy we signed him to be last season

I don't know how this game is gonna go, i just know that it should be a pretty good one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

go back and look at page 1 of this thread. 4 posters have made predictions, 3 of them have the bears winning by double digits, and the 4th one is only a 3 point win because "I think CAR scores a late TD to make it look closer than it is." I don't have to insinuate anything.

and yes, the line is currently panthers -2.5, which normally means the game is a toss-up with vegas giving the points to the home team - not because people are betting heavily on chicago.

I'm not saying the panthers have suddenly become a great team, but teddy B is running that offense really well, Robby anderson is showing the playmaker that he is, and mike davis is playing like the guy we signed him to be last season

I don't know how this game is gonna go, i just know that it should be a pretty good one.

Lines are set to get a relatively even amount of money on either side.   Books make money on the 10% vig on the volume - it is how they always win in long run.    

If a lot of money comes in on one side or other the line moves to compensate to even out the money.   

If CAR is favored, it (may) mean even many Bears fans do not have great faith in their team at this point in time and are not heavily betting the Bears to win or even cover.   

That or simply much of the rest of country feels that way.   Which now that I think about it is more likely scenario.   People simply do not see Bears has a good team, but a lucky one.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I'd work on your googling skills - he has 6 so far this year

6 TDs and he played every game I assume. That isn't great. The offense looks good on yards but is not very good at scoring points. I don't think the Bears blow them out and I don't think they can't win, but this team is a step above Detroit IMO.

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

6 TDs and he played every game I assume. That isn't great. The offense looks good on yards but is not very good at scoring points. I don't think the Bears blow them out and I don't think they can't win, but this team is a step above Detroit IMO.

Whoops! Missed this. Keep in mind the defense is playing a lot better than they did in week one, though. And should continue to improve. 

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

When in doubt, pork shoulder.  Going to try an apple juice spritz on it, supposed to make the bark really caramelize.   I checked, and a Wagyu brisket is really expensive, so I've decided to just buy a cheap brisket, and the next time my neighbor is making one I'll just sneak over and switch them out. 

tumblr_pcnkosHe761qfacmco1_400.gifv

Yeah...Wagyu is super expensive and even the "imitation" stuff is pretty pricey. Not sure it's worth it. 

So, pork shoulder, kind of sweet/caramelized, huh? Hmmm. You're not saying what your doing beyond that (how you're serving it, and what you're having along side)--so, I'd say that if you're doing cocktails I'd shy away from anything too sweet, and maybe something simple, like gin and tonic, or a vodka martini. Maybe a Bloody Mary. Beer for that sort of thing...I'd think something heavy, but not overwhelmingly so. Like Fat Tire. Or Smithwick's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

tumblr_pcnkosHe761qfacmco1_400.gifv

Yeah...Wagyu is super expensive and even the "imitation" stuff is pretty pricey. Not sure it's worth it. 

So, pork shoulder, kind of sweet/caramelized, huh? Hmmm. You're not saying what your doing beyond that (how you're serving it, and what you're having along side)--so, I'd say that if you're doing cocktails I'd shy away from anything too sweet, and maybe something simple, like gin and tonic, or a vodka martini. Maybe a Bloody Mary. Beer for that sort of thing...I'd think something heavy, but not overwhelmingly so. Like Fat Tire. Or Smithwick's. 

Now you really got me thinking, we might do a big red wine with this, or maybe a sour beer. 

If you're ever looking for a good pairing with barbeque, especially something a little sweet, Google kupus salata, pretty much a Serbian vinegar come slaw, easy to make and cuts through the fat. Our garden is almost done for the year so I think we'll blanch and fry a ton of green beans in mint, garlic and lime, another good thing to ease all the pure pork fat. 

When my work season ends with summer, I put a lot of effort into getting fat and watching football.

To be even vaguely on topic, its really weird to me that Vegas is still giving the 3 points to the home team this year.  

• Like 1

Carolina O line is playing very well, but they haven’t been strongly tested of late.   Their D line is playing better as well.   Their two rookies are coming on all of a sudden.  

Bridgewater has a lot of time in pocket and any QB who has that is going to look good.  Mike Davis is similarly benefiting from the O line.   Neither on their own are particularly good players.  They are average.

Their WR Anderson is playing very well.

If Carolina wins this game it will be because like Indy their lines beat ours.   I think we are better at other positions.   Should be an interesting match up.

I don’t think Bridgewater will like being pressured so game will hang in large part on Mack, Hicks and Quinn getting home against a good O line.

I do think Panthers have been made to look better than they are of late by disinterested and discombobulated opponents.  But you could same same of Bears aside from Bucs.   

How well Foles and O line plays will be deciding factor.   I think Foles is going to get hit quite a bit, if he doesn’t get frustrated I think Bears can still make plays on this D in spite of that.  

I still like Bears in this game

Panthers are giving up a whopping 5.4 yards per rushing attempt, maybe this is the game where our running game gets healthy again. I think Foles continues to grow in this offense, and while Teddy is playing decent ball I think our "bend but don't break" defense is going to continue its stingy ways (4th in points allowed this season).

Bears - 27
Panthers - 20

• Like 1