Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Who said that at all? Do you need the original question repeated to you again? 

It's a yes or no question. Is the offense better with Nick Foles at QB. Yes. 

That's all. He's not going to be the QB in 2021. We need to draft one in the first round. Is he all we can hang our hat on right now? Yes. It is what it is. He's made enough plays for us to win games that I can't see anyway Mitch makes. 

That plain enough? 

No it's not. That's what I've been saying the whole time. What part of this are you not getting?

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's not irrelevant. Neither are good starters. Yeah, we see the results..... the offense is still garbage and it looks no different than when Mitch was the starter. 

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No it's not. That's what I've been saying the whole time. What part of this are you not getting?

Just your horrible way or arguing. But now I see you have no evidence and were glossing over my original main point about why it's true. Question. Would we be 5-1 with Mitch as the starter? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

No. 

We wouldn't.

Anyone arguing differently is simply fooling themselves. 

It doesn't make any sense. We would have definitely lost the Falcons game. Probably the Bucs game. Maybe even this game. 

If the answer to the question is no Mitch would not be 5-1 then anyone saying that Foles isn't better with this offense is tying themselves into a knot. 

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Just your horrible way or arguing. But now I see you have no evidence and were glossing over my original main point about why it's true. Question. Would we be 5-1 with Mitch as the starter? 

Yes, because the defense has carried us for the most part just like it has carried Mitch. 

1st two games w/ Mitch:
2-0, 5 total TDs,  41% 3rd down conversions,  44 1st downs

last 2 games w/ Foles:
1-1, 4 total TDs, 29% 3rd down conversions, 36 1st downs

But thanks for playing. 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

It doesn't make any sense. We would have definitely lost the Falcons game. Probably the Bucs game. Maybe even this game. 

If the answer to the question is no Mitch would not be 5-1 then anyone saying that Foles isn't better with this offense is tying themselves into a knot. 

Wouldnt mind seeing Nagy use Mitch like Taysom Hill. There were a few times today where that crossed my mind.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes, because the defense has carried us for the most part just like it has carried Mitch. 

1st two games w/ Mitch:

last 2 games w/ Foles:

But thanks for playing. 

Wait wait let me get this straight. We would have won the Falcons game with Mitch at QB? Mitch would have made that throw in the Bucs game to David Montgomery or the throw to Cole Kmet today? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I don't think he is and they should consider it. Doesn't seem to me like there's any point in sitting a QB in today's NFL. Alot of these guys like Herbet or Burrow are ready to go now. All about Pace's evaluation which is another story. 

The problem with Bears always leads to the same place: GM and coach. Pace had the right idea but he hired the wrong guy. AND, because of that we are in the same place we were when we brought Pace in. Without a franchise QB this franchise is stuck in mud.

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1st two games w/ Mitch:

last 2 games w/ Foles:

But thanks for playing. 

Isn't that not only ignoring two whole games, but a bunch of other statistics, too? 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Wait wait let me get this straight. We would have won the Falcons game with Mitch at QB? Mitch would have made that throw in the Bucs game to David Montgomery or the throw to Cole Kmet today? 

Just like he made those throws in weeks 1 and 2. Yes.

The only throw that Foles made that Mitch wouldn't have is the TD to Miller. Funny you brought up the Monty throw and Kmet but not that one.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

The problem with Bears always leads to the same place: GM and coach. Pace had the right idea but he hired the wrong guy. AND, because of that we are in the same place we were when we brought Pace in. Without a franchise QB this franchise is stuck in mud.

Are we talking about Nagy with the hired wrong guy part or Mitch? I mean the overall premise I agree but I actually like Nagy and some of what Pace does. Good news is though I think there's a few guys that they can get that should atleast improve our overall situation in free agency or the draft. 

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Just like he made those throws in weeks 1 and 2. Yes.

The only throw that Foles made that Mitch wouldn't have is the TD to Miller. Funny you brought up the Monty throw and Kmet but not that one.

Ok let's go down the rabbit hole some more. How about answering my first question in my post. 

I have a feeling you won't or will try to tap dance. 

Edited by GOGRIESE