Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

beardown3231

19 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

To be even vaguely on topic, its really weird to me that Vegas is still giving the 3 points to the home team this year.  

Bears still aren't getting the respect they deserve. Part of that is that they're not a finished product. Mostly, it's that the sports media pundits don't know what to make of them.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

How well Foles and O line plays will be deciding factor.   I think Foles is going to get hit quite a bit, if he doesn’t get frustrated I think Bears can still make plays on this D in spite of that.  

I still like Bears in this game

The Bears offense should continue to improve, even if the Carolina D plays well...and that's a big "if".

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

Panthers are giving up a whopping 5.4 yards per rushing attempt, maybe this is the game where our running game gets healthy again. I think Foles continues to grow in this offense, and while Teddy is playing decent ball I think our "bend but don't break" defense is going to continue its stingy ways (4th in points allowed this season).

Bears - 27
Panthers - 20

That's probably about right. And Bridgewater is going to be pretty good (in general, not on Sunday), unless he keeps getting hurt. 

Excited to finally play against just an avg (a little below avg  in this case) D ... 

Foles and O weapons should give us a nice show, our D which is getting more and more dominant each week (after 0 pre season reps)  should shine ....

Bears 27  Panthers 17

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere around here, but came across this really amazing breakdown of the offense vs Tampa and why/how we struggled.. We've talked a bunch about that play where Foles checks at the line to set up the rub that spring Monty down the sideline as an example of Foles knowing how to read the defense and make checks at the line of scrimage, but this takes play that to a whole new (and awesomely in depth) level.   Also fwiw, it gave me in particular a much better look at NFL defenses in general, and maybe a bit more sympathy as to why Trubisky was having so much trouble making his reads and adapting.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere around here, but came across this really amazing breakdown of the offense vs Tampa and why/how we struggled.. We've talked a bunch about that play where Foles checks at the line to set up the rub that spring Monty down the sideline as an example of Foles knowing how to read the defense and make checks at the line of scrimage, but this takes play that to a whole new (and awesomely in depth) level.   Also fwiw, it gave me in particular a much better look at NFL defenses in general, and maybe a bit more sympathy as to why Trubisky was having so much trouble making his reads and adapting.

TIL that Darius Leonard plays for the Bucs.

And also it further shows how bad Mitch is at reading defenses, even though we'll never know I'd like to know who came up with the adjustment to break the "Mint" defense.

Edited by blkwdw13

29 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

And also it further shows how bad Mitch is at reading defenses, even though we'll never know I'd like to know who came up with the adjustment to break the "Mint" defense.

I'd imagine they had a basic set to counter that defense, and dug into it when they needed. So, I guess your answer is probably Nagy and Lazor. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Is it just me, or is everybody else getting tons of ads now, inserted just about everywhere on these pages? 😕

I use ad block+ and do not see any adds, but the site has been loading slower recently.

Edited by blkwdw13

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I use ad block+ and do not see any adds, but the site has been loading slower recently.

I haven't been using an add blocker, as they weren't all that intrusive until, like, yesterday. What's going on now is nuts. There's add between what I'm typing and the "Submit Reply" button, for example.