Panthers vs Bears GT, 10/18, 12:00

beardown3231

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Sort of? The guy thinks he's being cute, but WE WEREN'T GETTING Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, etc. And Papa John versus Little Casear's isn't an argument at all. Little Caesar's is bad. 

Lou Malnatis was what Trubisky could have been. Instead he turned into Little Cesars. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but we signed Manti Teo to the practice squad for depth.... I'd have preferred Deone Buccanon as a hybrid LB/SS who we'd also brought in for a workout, but this gives a solid option with relative youth behind Trevathan... Albeit with a pretty sketchy ability to stay healthy himself. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but we signed Manti Teo to the practice squad for depth.... I'd have preferred Deone Buccanon as a hybrid LB/SS who we'd also brought in for a workout, but this gives a solid option with relative youth behind Trevathan... Albeit with a pretty sketchy ability to stay healthy himself. 

The headline came up on my phone, but I didn't read through it, so I didn't realize he was signed to the practice squad. Hopefully his time off has allowed him to heal up and whatever...

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

Man I didn't even know this guy was still kicking around. I guess he had to have shown something to be signed to the PS.

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

So you would have stuck with Trubisky?

Yes, I think they pulled the trigger on Mitch too soon simply because we were still winning with him (like we were in 2018) and I knew Foles was not fare much better than Mitch would. And lo and behold....he we are. 

I get why they benched Mitch and I understood it, but I don't agree with the timing. It was inevitable with the way Mitch was playing and they didn't just go out spend 20M on a backup QB to NOT give him a chance. But that chance came sooner than it needed too. They should've waited until mid-season to give Mitch a better shot. Especially since there were no offseason programs.

If Foles continues to play as bad as he has, there is no way Nagy can go back to Mitch WITHOUT losing respect in that locker room. So what you want about Mitch, but his locker room leadership cannot ever be questioned. His teammates have been behind him from day one. Strong like too. Not some PR BS either. I'm not a fan of Mitch but that is one thing I will say about him. So If Foles continues to play bad their gonna start looking at Nagy and going "you replaced Mitch when we were winning for this?". 

6 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

He won't answer that. Just like he won't answer whether we would have beaten the Falcons with Mitch. 

I've already answered this. But yet again you continue to fail to read and keep moving the goal post.

The only throw I have seen from Foles that Mitch would not have made is the TD throw in the Falcons game from the pocket under pressure. So no, we may not win that game. But since you wanna play this hypothetical game then I would also argue that we don't win a MORE IMPORTANT DIVISION game against the Lions with Foles since he doesn't have physical ability to escape pressure, out-run the defender, and make a throw like Mitch did to Graham late in the game to get us on the 1 yard line that eventually led to a TD throw to Wims. Which hell, was not an easy throw to make for a right handed QB rolling to his left with such a small window. Foles is a statue. He doesn't have those kind of legs.  

But hey, continue with your love for Foles. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

7 hours ago, G08 said:

152 passing attempts: 62.5%, 878 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 5.8 YPA (yuck), 80.4 rating

Do people think this is good? Honest question, no sarcasm or hidden agenda behind the question.

Oh, it's much worse than that. In the last 3 games, his throws past 11 yards or more Foles is 14-36, 279 yards, 3TD, 3INT. Mitch atleast threw a nice TD throw to Miller for 27 yards to win the game against the Lions. Remember when we all criticized Mitch for checking down and playing it safe? 

Foles in the last 3 games: 

LOS or less: 17-20, 69 yards, 0TD, 0INT
1-10: 47-64, 342 yards, 0TD, 0INT
11-20: 10-25, 170 yards, 3TD, 3INT
21- or more: 4-12, 109 yards, 0TD, 0INT

Let's not ignore his check-down to Graham for 1 yard in the red zone when he had Miller open in the end zone.

The offense in total has been worse with Foles. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I've already answered this. But yet again you continue to fail to read and keep moving the goal post.

The only throw I have seen from Foles that Mitch would not have made is the TD throw in the Falcons game from the pocket under pressure. So no, we may not win that game. But since you wanna play this hypothetical game then I would also argue that we don't win a MORE IMPORTANT DIVISION game against the Lions with Foles since he doesn't have physical ability to escape pressure, out-run the defender, and make a throw like Mitch did to Graham late in the game to get us on the 1 yard line that eventually led to a TD throw to Wims. Which hell, was not an easy throw to make for a right handed QB rolling to his left with such a small window. Foles is a statue. He doesn't have those kind of legs.  

But hey, continue with your love for Foles. 

You said in your previous post in this thread we would have been 5-1 with Mitch as the QB. So you can't even keep your own BS straight. 

Where have I shown that I love Foles? I love all the hyperbole you use. It really invalidates any of the arguments you make. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Oh, it's much worse than that. In the last 3 games, his throws past 11 yards or more Foles is 14-36, 279 yards, 3TD, 3INT. Mitch atleast threw a nice TD throw to Miller for 27 yards to win the game against the Lions. Remember when we all criticized Mitch for checking down and playing it safe? 

Let's not ignore his check-down to Graham for 1 yard in the red zone when he had Miller open in the end zone.

Stats are liars.  Mitch was struggling against worst defense in league in Falcons and Foles came in cold and lit them up coming all the way back for win.

He got crushed by Colts in his first start (MT would have been way worse) and looked markedly better against Bucs and Carolina.   

If Refs weren’t making or not making game swinging major calls in the Panthers game it likely would have turned into a route instead of being very close and attitude would have been totally different.  

Most everyone thought Bucs and Panthers would beat Bears and we won both match ups.  

He is becoming leader of team slowly.   He isn’t great by any means, but it is a large upgrade over MT.  

But he has same problem MT had, he has a terrible OL.   Really, really hard to play QB with a bad O line.   Burrows is getting ruined right now in Cincinnati with same problem and he has 5x the talent of Foles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I feel like you and I are the only ones that are seeing the games this way.

Foles has not been good.

I think he has been a slight upgrade over Mitch as he does not seem to miss as much in terms of reads. The Bears are also running a more QB demanding version of the offense for Foles, which has screwed our bad OL in the process.

However, the offensive numbers are worse than last season, which is pretty pathetic.