Simulated Mock Drafts

RedGold

This one wasn't about exploring other options/talent. I just went with what I would do as of today.

32. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL USC - Probably my favorite pick for us right now when he drops. I've seen him go anywhere from 14-40ish lately.

64. Paris Ford, S Pittsburgh - .The board never falls favorably where anyone else makes more sense. Position of need and talent is there.

95. Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn - He may be my favorite non-1st round WR for us. He needs to work on blocking but his route running, speed, and general usage fit perfectly with what we do.

133. Monty Rice, LB Georgia - Would allow for us to get younger and cheaper at the position. Could start with Gay and Hitchens.

172. Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo - When I watch players who play at smaller schools, they should appear as men among boys. He checks that box. Depth/rotation RB and special teams player.

173. Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane - Rotational depth and someone who can hopefully take over for Clark in a couple years.

177. Robert Rochell, CB Central Arkansas - Depth player who has good long term potential.

202. Noah Gray, TE Duke - Upgrade at #2. He's my favorite TE in this draft so far outside of Pitts and Freiermuth, especially as a mid-late pick.

I think this would give us 3+ new starters with the rest coming off the bench. While everyone has things to work on, there isn't a true long term developmental project.

*I'm not going to add highlights if I've already linked to some previously.

Edited by kingseanjohn

thedraftnetwork; 5 rds.

32 Jalen Mayfield OT, Michigan; fell to us, no brainer

64 Amon-Ra St. Brown WR, USC; Mahomes will love him

95 Paris Ford S, Pittsburgh; gotta shore up a weakened Safety (Thornhill)

133 Tyler Vrabel OT, Boston College; talented backup may end up starting

172 Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia; #2 TE

173 Amari Gainer LB, Florida State; obvious need

177 Robert Cooper IDL, Florida State; obvious need

32: R1 P32 OT Alijah Vera-Tucker - USC
64: R2 P32 WR Terrace Marshall Jr. - LSU
95: R3 P31 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
134: R4 P32 S JaCoby Stevens - LSU
140: R4 P38 LB Nick Bolton - Missouri
173: R5 P32 DL Alim McNeill - NC State
179: R5 P38 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:
32: R1 P32 OT Alijah Vera-Tucker - USC
64: R2 P32 WR Terrace Marshall Jr. - LSU
95: R3 P31 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
134: R4 P32 S JaCoby Stevens - LSU
140: R4 P38 LB Nick Bolton - Missouri

Radunz, OT won't last. Our position is almost rd4.

Bolton in rd4 is laughable. Not a chance. What site are you using to draft? I want to avoid it.

Only did four rounds.

32. Dylan Moses, LB Alabama - Day one starter/rotation. Not my favorite pick, but the board fell terribly.

64. Josh Myers, IOL Ohio State - Compete for starting C (Andy likes his OL vets). Board fell terribly again.

95. Richard LeCounte III, S Georgia - I may like him better than Ford. Still need to see more to be sure.

136. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR Illinois - In my mind, Pringle takes over for Watkins and Imatorbhebhe gets a year or two to learn the offense before owning that role.

16 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

thedraftnetwork; 4rds

32 Cameron McGrone; LB, Michigan; time to replace Hitchens

NICE!!    I just saw he actually declared for the draft,   didn't think he would.   

He's right at the top of my wants now!

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

NICE!!    I just saw he actually declared for the draft,   didn't think he would.   

He's right at the top of my wants now!

He's top five for me to take in the 1st round. In no order as of today: Alijah Vera-Tucker, Zaven Collins, Cam McGrone, Terrace Marshall, Nick Bolton. Obviously, I have guys rated ahead of them. But these are "realistic" with today's expectations.

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

No doubt McGrone is a good player, but #32 seems half a round early. Why not wait for a Browning or a Snowden? 

J

I think he rises, quite a bit,  now that he officially declared.    He was ranked in the mid 20’s on some lists before he said he’d return for his junior year.  
I’d put him neck and neck with Zaven Collins as the #2 LB,   Probably the top as a pure MLB type.  Still room to grow as a RS Sophomore 

40 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think he rises, quite a bit,  now that he officially declared.    He was ranked in the mid 20’s on some lists before he said he’d return for his junior year.  
I’d put him neck and neck with Zaven Collins as the #2 LB,   Probably the top as a pure MLB type.  Still room to grow as a RS Sophomore 

Read McGrone's scouting report on "thedraftnetwork". The " pro's" give me a "willie lanier" feeling.

20 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Read McGrone's scouting report on "thedraftnetwork". The " pro's" give me a "willie lanier" feeling.

I hate same school comparisons,  but he has a Devin Bush vibe to him.  Probably somewhat cuz it’s the same scheme.   Not quite as polished, but he moves like a DB and isn’t hesitant to mix it up with the OL.   Our subpackages immediately upgrade with his speed and blitzing ability in place of Niemann 

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

I hate same school comparisons,  but he has a Devin Bush vibe to him.  Probably somewhat cuz it’s the same scheme.   Not quite as polished, but he moves like a DB and isn’t hesitant to mix it up with the OL.   Our subpackages immediately upgrade with his speed and blitzing ability in place of Niemann 

That's what has me excited and nervous at the same time. He's shown signs of being great. But he also doesn't have the longevity/consistency to prove it wasn't a one year wonder type situation. But with our needs and ability to develop players, we could do a lot worse at 32.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No doubt McGrone is a good player, but #32 seems half a round early. Why not wait for a Browning or a Snowden? 

J

That's the thing about drafting at the end of rounds. If you want someone, you probably have to take them a round earlier than you may project them. Trading back a bit would be ideal, but it isn't guaranteed. Also, the dropoff between those players justifies "reaching" for me.

I wouldn't mind double dipping at LB. I like Nate Landman and Garret Wallow as mid-late round guys.

• Like 1