2K20: Game #6 - Kansas City at Buffalo

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Monster run game for the Chiefs. Was it the Oline? Was it CEH? A combination of both?

Chiefs racked up 245yds. on 46 carries.

OL,  honestly I didn’t see much difference in the way the RB’s were running the ball.. they just actually had holes to hit.  

probably also helps the Bills front 7 played like doo doo 

• Like 1

At least this missed game was not as bad as the last missed game.

245 yards rushing, 161 yards by Clyde, is pretty impressive. This with an OL missing three starters. Another game with no INT for Mahomes. Dominated time of possession. In a lot of ways it seems like that workmanlike first game against the Texans. 

J

Monster run game for the Chiefs. Was it the Oline? Was it CEH? A combination of both?

Chiefs racked up 245yds. on 46 carries.

Yeah Allegreti and Kilgore we’re taking care of business up front. Remmers too, although he struggled a bit at RT.

just huge lanes for CEH and we know he can make guys miss if you can clear some room for him up front

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I’d still like to see a heavy investment next draft.   Swing OT, Center,  OG/OT convert are all pretty high on my needs list.  Bring them in early and develop them before we’re throwing rookies into starting roles.   

Yeah I agree, Remmers and Kilgore are one year rentals, and are likely gone after this year ala Wisniewski. 

I’m gonna temper my expectations, just because I was impressed week one and they let me down after that.

59 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah I agree, Remmers and Kilgore are one year rentals, and are likely gone after this year ala Wisniewski. 

I’m gonna temper my expectations, just because I was impressed week one and they let me down after that.

Osemele. Reiter, and Wylie (RFA) are also set to become free agents. With the cap looking like it's going down, we're over the cap before any roster moves. Our OL is going to look quite different next year.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah Allegreti and Kilgore we’re taking care of business up front. Remmers too, although he struggled a bit at RT.

just huge lanes for CEH and we know he can make guys miss if you can clear some room for him up front

It was taking what the defense offered.

Buffalo played six or seven in the box to get deep help on Hill and Hardman. H&H only had four targets in the whole game. DRob and Pringle had eight. Kelce and the RB had 13. 

J

Great to get the W. I wasn't able to watch it, but it seems like they did a very good job in the run game. It sounds like the O-Line played better. Interesting that we put in Kilgore over Reiter. Was he injured? Otherwise Kilgore seemed to used his shot, so maybe he solidified himself as the starting Center.

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Great to get the W. I wasn't able to watch it, but it seems like they did a very good job in the run game. It sounds like the O-Line played better. Interesting that we put in Kilgore over Reiter. Was he injured? Otherwise Kilgore seemed to used his shot, so maybe he solidified himself as the starting Center.

I've kind of been waiting for it,   Kilgore has produced with every team he's been on.    I would guess they were just bringing him up to speed before they gave him the starting spot.

So, Bell is bigger than CEH. Bell is 6'1", 225lbs.

Can the Oline make holes big enough for Bell to excel like CEH did Monday? CEH seemed great at getting "skinny" when needed.

Some of the holes that CEH ran through last night you could drive a Mack truck through.

so I’d say yes lol but CEH made a statement last night, you’re not the only RB on the roster Bell you gotta earn your keep like everybody else 

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

FBO rankings dropped the Chiefs back a slot in both offense and defense. Go figure.

J

Rainy game lots of sloppy play outside of the run game(and the run game tapered off at the end) Buffalo hung around late when we dominated on the ground. 

Edited by Chiefer

12 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I've kind of been waiting for it,   Kilgore has produced with every team he's been on.    I would guess they were just bringing him up to speed before they gave him the starting spot.

Reid said that Reiter had a “tender knee” and held him out for that reason.