Texans GM Search

amazingandre

43 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Said that he reached out to some potential candidates for GM and that some were coy on the job see as your usually only get 1 shot at being a GM.

It's also a lot of cat and mouse with Florio, a known media guy. You keep your cards close to the chest - it doesn't take a detective to figure out who he's talking to in some of these situations, which could get a bit messy of someone signed an NDA or something...

It's all vague there, IMO.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Would the Texans be crazy for calling up Nick Saban?

I wouldn't think so, but I think that's another BoB situation waiting to happen - Saban basically runs Tuscaloosa, AL, he's not working with a GM.

He's going to consolidate power within 18 months like BoB did and then start trading all over the place.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

honestly i wouldnt mind it.  Dorsey has a knack for finding talent.  If he can hit on the 2021 draft without a 1st and 2nd thats a win in my book.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

honestly i wouldnt mind it.  Dorsey has a knack for finding talent.  If he can hit on the 2021 draft without a 1st and 2nd thats a win in my book.

I think this team has invested so much on "good guys" over the last several years - the culture is in place to take on a character concern and get them to play at a high level without much to mess with the chemistry.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.radio.com/sportsradio610/sports/houston-texans/texans-to-interview-houston-native-malik-boyd-for-gm

Malik Boyd, current Buffalo Director of Pro Personnel. Ties to Tony Dungy (played for him in 1994 with Minnesota, scouted for him in the '00s with Indy) scouted for Rod Graves in Arizona... So he's got direct ties to two of the committee.

Gonna go out on a limb and say he's going to get the job. And, looking at Buffalo... I'm good with this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

https://www.radio.com/sportsradio610/sports/houston-texans/texans-to-interview-houston-native-malik-boyd-for-gm

Malik Boyd, current Buffalo Director of Pro Personnel. Ties to Tony Dungy (played for him in 1994 with Minnesota, scouted for him in the '00s with Indy) scouted for Rod Graves in Arizona... So he's got direct ties to two of the committee.

Gonna go out on a limb and say he's going to get the job. And, looking at Buffalo... I'm good with this.

he went to MB Smiley hs?  I'll pass.

Nah on a serious note, I wouldn't mind him.  It would be a feel good story for him since he grew up in Houston.  Reading more about him I like what im hearing. 

• Like 2

The Bills list Boyd as their third-in-command behind general manager Brandon Beane and assistant general manager Joe Schoen. He’s ahead of Dan Morgan (director of player personnel) and Brian Gaine (senior advisor) on the team’s website.

Lets look at the Bills draft since he been in the organization.

1. CB  Tre'Davious White

2. WR Zay Jones

3. OG Dion Dawkins

5. LB Matt Milano

5. QB Nathan Peterman

6. LB Tanner Vallejo

1.  QB Josh Allen

2. ILB Tremaine Edmunds

3. DT Harrison Phillips

4. CB Taron Johnson

5. CB Siran Neal

5. G Wyatt Teller

6. WR Ray-Ray McCloud

7. WR Austin Proehl

1. DT Ed Oliver

2. T Cody Ford

3. RB Devin Singletary

3. TE Dawson Knox

5. LB Vosean Joseph

6. CB Jaquan Johnson

7. DE Darryl Johnson

7. TE Tommy Sweeney

2. DE AJ Epenesa

3. RB Zack Moss

4. WR Gabriel Davis

5. QB Jake Fromm

6. K Tyler Bass

6. WR Isaiah Hodgins

7. CB Dane Jackson

I didn't have Malik on my radar, but dude has a great line of history and connections. He was part of the Colts build that saw a super bowl, part of the Cardinals build that made the super bowl and has helped construct this young and up and coming Bills team. I am impressed and love that the team has found him (I imagine Dungy had a lot to do with that)

Edited by amazingandre
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, amazingandre said:

I didn't have Malik on my radar, but dude has a great line of history and connections. He was part of the Colts build that saw a super bowl, part of the Cardinals build that made the suer bowl and has helped construct this young and up and coming Bills team. I am impressed and love that the team has found him (I imagine Dungy had a lot to do with that)

Also a Houston native