Texans GM Search

amazingandre

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Sign RB D'Onta Foreman (off TN practice squad) David Johnson to IR

Given he hasn't really emerged after we cut him, I think he's not exactly one of the guys BoB miscast. D'Onta Foreman had an inside track to the starting job, but couldn't get the job - I'm content without him on this team.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given he hasn't really emerged after we cut him, I think he's not exactly one of the guys BoB miscast. D'Onta Foreman had an inside track to the starting job, but couldn't get the job - I'm content without him on this team.

Doesn't matter, Brian!  (he was promoted to active roster yesterday... lol)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

He was on his way to probably being our long term starter at the position when he tore his Achillius. guys just dont recover from that most of the time. 

Not GM related, but the Texans are getting roasted for firing their PR VP Amy Palcic due to not being a “cultural fit”.

This just does not inspire confidence in having Jack Easterby lead the search for a new GM. Cal really just seems out of his depth and allowing Easterby to take full control of his franchise. Just a bad look all around. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Not GM related, but the Texans are getting roasted for firing their PR VP Amy Palcic due to not being a “cultural fit”.

This just does not inspire confidence in having Jack Easterby lead the search for a new GM. Cal really just seems out of his depth and allowing Easterby to take full control of his franchise. Just a bad look all around. 

Yaaaaaa not a good look for the organization today....

• Like 1

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/23/pittsburgh-steelers-omar-khan-next-gm/

One of the radio shows mentioned the Steelers FO, so I did some digging - Omar Khan, Steelers VP of Football Ops. The speculation is that he's the next guy in line for Pittsburgh, but with Kevin Colbert in place he's probably not going to get that job early on. 

He's considered a "cap wizard" and really grew his skillset. Started with New Orleans in the late 90s, jumped over to Pittsburgh in 2001; He's put in the work with one of the most stable organizations in football.

If I'm working for the Texans or Korn Ferry - I'm taking a hard look at him. But, I'm not working for the Texans or Korn Ferry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

President Jamie Rootes reiterated today that Easterbunny would not be the GM of the Texans. 

Pretty much everyone on "the flagship" along with Pancakes is doing the same thing - shooting that down.

A lot of people speculate that Easterby doesn't even want the job.

33 minutes ago, Drained said:

Anyone else see the article saying no one with a future wants the Texans GM job?

Nope, but share it if you can.

People are sort of underestimating one thing - there are only 32 GM positions in the WORLD. If someone calls you about one, you pick up the phone ...period.

This being said, I think there's a lot of bias against the Texans after Amy Palcic got fired from her PR role (which is completely warranted, mind you - the Texans really screwed up on that one, she was incredibly good at her job; If she's not a culture fit, then the culture needs to be fired, not her). Right now, there needs to be a lot of rehabilitation to the image of the Texans; We're seen as an incompetent franchise in actual football terms due to that Hopkins trade, and we're now seem as an incompetent franchise off the field with that firing. Words such as "toxic" and "dysfunctional" are being mentioned in the same breath as this franchise and - quite frankly - it's warranted in a very big way.

Who wants to be associated with that? 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, lumberjackchris said:

President Jamie Rootes reiterated today that Easterbunny would not be the GM of the Texans. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Texans-Jamey-Rootes-Team-plan-hire-coach-GM-15737227.php

Both GM and HC are not in the building. This makes me feel better, but I'm still not going to be confident until the new GM and HC are brought in.

I did like how Rootes admitted that giving BoB full autonomy wasn't a good idea...

Hindsight is 20/20, but you can't help but to wish someone thought about this earlier.

So, there are 7.8 billion people on the Earth. 

I can confidently state that Jack Easterby is somewhere around the 7,800,000,000th option for GM:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/19/cal-mcnair-reiterates-jack-easterby-wont-be-texans-gm/amp/

The team is going full-court press to get Easterbunny's name out of the discussion. Cal's statement makes me think he might not even have a job here if the new GM doesn't want him to have a job.

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nope, but share it if you can.

People are sort of underestimating one thing - there are only 32 GM positions in the WORLD. If someone calls you about one, you pick up the phone ...period.

This being said, I think there's a lot of bias against the Texans after Amy Palcic got fired from her PR role (which is completely warranted, mind you - the Texans really screwed up on that one, she was incredibly good at her job; If she's not a culture fit, then the culture needs to be fired, not her). Right now, there needs to be a lot of rehabilitation to the image of the Texans; We're seen as an incompetent franchise in actual football terms due to that Hopkins trade, and we're now seem as an incompetent franchise off the field with that firing. Words such as "toxic" and "dysfunctional" are being mentioned in the same breath as this franchise and - quite frankly - it's warranted in a very big way.

Who wants to be associated with that? 

I heard Florio or one of the national guys that 610 has on from week to week. 

Said that he reached out to some potential candidates for GM and that some were coy on the job see as your usually only get 1 shot at being a GM. If it goes South then your chances of being a GM again is slim to none. 

• Like 1