Texans GM Search

amazingandre

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Just to be clear, isolated on it's own, I don't hate signing Caserio. He's a tough negotiator and has been the de facto GM with Bill for the last 5 years. What I hate is that this means Easterby still has way too much pull in the organization and we're still chasing the "Patriots Way" even though nobody has come close to replicating it. I'll reserve final judgement once we determine a HC, but I'm beyond worried compared to previously being optimistic. 

EDIT: Daboll was with the Patriots for 3 years. Just throwing that out there...

Agreed. Caserio is more than qualified to be a GM and has done some really impressive things with the Pats. It’s the fact that he was clearly hired because Easterby was pushing Cal to make the move is extremely concerning. Especially after everything that has come out about him and how the most important players on the team feel like there needs to be a cultural reset in the organization and how Cal just disregarded the finalist list that his search firm provided. This move seems to show that Cal did not take the feedback seriously and a cultural reset is not coming. 

Who knows what Caserio will do or hire (or fire) so I’ll hold off on judgement, but this move just does not inspire confidence. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

someone enlighten me...

name the impressive things he has done with the pats. 

Yes, I don't really see it - unless "be associated with the organization with Tom Brady" is now a resume line item.

Per Seth Payne:

Also per Payne:

Sums up my feelings. I don't like being lied to. I don't like feeling like I was taken for a ride.

That's how I feel following this news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes, I don't really see it - unless "be associated with the organization with Tom Brady" is now a resume line item.

Yes, of course having an all time great QB helps, but their roster’s over the course of his tenure were also really impressive, especially on defense.

That’s not to say there aren’t any concerns. Of course over 12 years of roster building there are going to be some duds and there are definitely some concerns with how the Patriots were unable to get any weapons on offense the past few years, but also using fan voting as a way to evaluate Caserio seems silly. 

29 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Yes, of course having an all time great QB helps, but their roster’s over the course of his tenure were also really impressive, especially on defense.

Again - for reference. 

The Patriots roster has not been good as of late. Busts like N'Keal Harry, Sony Michel, Isaiah Wynn now anchor this team. FA dollars are wasted on guys like Rex Burkhead. Guys such as Julian Edelman are kept well past their prime. Sure, they hit a grand slam on Stephon Gilmore, but that's offset by letting guys like Malcolm Butler walk for Eric Rowe, Trent Brown for Marcus Cannon and Tom Brady for Jarrett Stidham. It's a lot like when we let AJ Bouye walk for Kevin Johnson - sure, you made a business decision. Teams make those choices daily. However, good teams make sure thar a sufficient replacement is in the building - not a downgrade. You notice it with the Texans, but the Patriots have been relying on downgrades for a long time - but nobody noticed because Tom Brady is THAT good. This team was being kept relevant by Tom Brady - you cannot tell me otherwise. This gradual collapse isn't due to Brady (who just tossed 40 TDs this season, so he's not declining as much as believed). This gradual collapse is because the Patriots have a pretty bad roster... and we just hired a guy who let this roster rot on the vine.

So... I'm pretty upset. I hope a new HC that's not associated with the Patriots in any way (so, no Daboll now) could change my stance, but let's be real... Easterby is bringing in his HC to go with his GM. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

People keep saying “only drafted 2 pro bowlers in 8 years”......so have the Texans. 

The Texans aren't a good team.

The object is to get better, this is a lateral move at absolute best.