Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Miami gonna go hire BOB as OC and he’s gonna get those picks. 

I WAS JUST THINKING THAT ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!!!! LMAO

I was like Chan Gailey in Miami - his mentor.  Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if he ended up in Miami?? 

LOL... me and PD see the 4-D chess BO'ob is playing

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Thoughts on Arthur Smith?  Personally I think he is a tad bit overrated because he has Henry to coach.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. His system seems incredibly simple and reliant on an elite talent at RB. 

I'm also of the mindset that this team needs a defensive HC. Offense isn't the issue in Houston.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan. His system seems incredibly simple and reliant on an elite talent at RB. 

I'm also of the mindset that this team needs a defensive HC. Offense isn't the issue in Houston.

im having that mind set too since we have so many holes on defense compared to offense.

22 hours ago, amazingandre said:

The thing that scares me is his lack of long term success and that niners defense was loaded (although the end of the season they were decimated with injury and they kept up their level of play). I like him and he is on my list, but I still think I lean offensive minded. The risk of turn over year in and year out on the offensive side of the ball scares me. 

The 49ers were the worst defense in the NFL before Saleh.  In 2016, The 49ers gave up the most yards in the NFL on defense (6,502) as well as most points allowed. in Saleh's first year, he got them to 24th in yards and 25th in points. In 2018, they were 28th in points and 13th in yards. In 2019, they were 8th and 2nd. Even with injuries this year, they were 17th in points and 5th in yards. They had talent in 2017 on defense, but it was a lot of rookies. What I like is they found ways to develop guys like Fred Warner (3rd round), Dre Greenlaw (5th), DJ Jones (6th round), Emmanuel Moseley (UDFA), and others. I want Saleh because I think he'd be on of the better leaders of the candidates which is ultimately what matters most. Our team lacks leadership, discipline, toughness, and tenacity. The more I think about it, the more a defensive coach makes sense. Maybe I'm over-confident, but as long as Watson is at QB, we'll be fine on offense. 

Edited by LORK88