Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm also thinking that Dabo Swinney is now a significant possibility. It would placate Watson and keep Easterby's circle somewhat intact. Dabo is probably due an exit from Clemson given how his OSU gambit failed spectacularly - so it checks off every major box in regards to our current conundrum.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of it, but if you managed to bring in the right coordinators - Kelly (ugh) as Assistant OC/Passing Game coordinator, Dante Scarneccia (yay) as Assistant OC/OL coach/Run Game coordinator and Wade Phillips as DC (because Wade could get this unit going again) then... Well... I've heard worse ideas.

This might be the only way to get this off season back on track. But, it's a huge gamble on a guy like Dabo - one that I wouldn't make it things went according to the original plans.

Dabo isn’t leaving college football. 

14 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

not sure if pastor dillon will take a flight to houston from tennessee.  LOL

* Arkansas, not Tennessee (I think).

24 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

You'd probably stop by Easterby's office first. Theoretically...

Oh totally. I'd be doing donuts in the office, just buring a lot of rubber...

11 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/10/report-texans-were-poised-to-hire-omar-khan-as-g-m/

These reports coming out are just getting worse and worse. To think they were close to hiring Khan and Easterby was going to leave for Carolina and instead we got this mess. Cal can’t get out of his own way.

Sounds like someone inside the organization, who hates Easterby, is leaking everything. 

• Like 1