Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

13 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Based on his words and his contract. 

Nobody is going to admit they're looking at a job in the middle of a season - c'mon, you know that. Of course Dabo is going to say no to a reporter in the middle of the season. Now that the season is over, who knows.

His contract isn't worth much - we just made Nick Caserio one of the highest paid GMs in the sport, I'm positive that we would pay Dabo handsomely.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nobody is going to admit they're looking at a job in the middle of a season - c'mon, you know that. Of course Dabo is going to say no to a reporter in the middle of the season. Now that the season is over, who knows.

His contract isn't worth much - we just made Nick Caserio one of the highest paid GMs in the sport, I'm positive that we would pay Dabo handsomely.

He’s been pretty adamant in recent years that he doesn’t want to coach in the NFL

I watched some interviews with Daboll and Brady. I think I like the idea of Brady as HC. Very personable, energetic, well spoken, high character, high football IQ. I think Watson would relate very well with him. I hope he gets serious consideration. 

Building a staff around him would be the challenge, might have to lean on Caserio's connections for that. I would not be opposed to pairing Brady with Kelly as QB coach or something. I think this insulates Watson and puts people around him that would make him feel happy again. 

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

I watched some interviews with Daboll and Brady. I think I like the idea of Brady as HC. Very personable, energetic, well spoken, high character, high football IQ. I think Watson would relate very well with him. I hope he gets serious consideration. 

Building a staff around him would be the challenge, might have to lean on Caserio's connections for that. I would not be opposed to pairing Brady with Kelly as QB coach or something. I think this insulates Watson and puts people around him that would make him feel happy again. 

If its Brady I hope he calls his owns play.  He is more certified doing that than any coach he brings in or Tim kelly.

27 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

If its Brady I hope he calls his owns play.  He is more certified doing that than any coach he brings in or Tim kelly.

I get it. I agree, but I do think he needs to have someone as OC who fully understands his offense and can help implement it, while he does other head coach duties. 

Kelly is not that guy. But I do think he has value with this team and Watson. 

3 hours ago, amazingandre said:

I'd be good with Brady if we pair him with a veteran DC who has HC experience similar to what Arizona did with Kliff (Raheem Morris, Wade Phillips, Rod Marinelli, etc). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I'd be good with Brady if we pair him with a veteran DC who has HC experience similar to what Arizona did with Kliff (Raheem Morris, Wade Phillips, Rod Marinelli, etc). 

I would 100% be open to bringing back Wade. Let him coach 1-2 years with a clear plan for someone to take over for him after that

• Like 1

Seth and Sean are reporting that Joe Brady is now wanting to speak with Deshaun Watson before he'd agree to the position...

So, basically we're going to have a situation where nobody wants to coach this team. Which is expected, given the disorganization.

I'm ready for Cal to announce he's moving the team. That makes any sort of breakup easier to me.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Seth and Sean are reporting that Joe Brady is now wanting to speak with Deshaun Watson before he'd agree to the position...

So, basically we're going to have a situation where nobody wants to coach this team. Which is expected, given the disorganization.

I'm ready for Cal to announce he's moving the team. That makes any sort of breakup easier to me.

This could be a blessing in disguise. If Brady and Watson hit it off and are on the same page, it could be a huge boost to getting Watson back on board. The HC hire is the last major decision and the biggest one that will impact Watson.Yes, the GM will make decisions that impact Watson, but I'm sure he won't do anything as stupid as BOB did. You are correct though in that we're hiring from a limited pool if Bienemy declining to interview with us are true. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

This could be a blessing in disguise. If Brady and Watson hit it off and are on the same page, it could be a huge boost to getting Watson back on board.

I agree with this - but I'm so disillusioned, I'm thinking if it DOESN'T go well, we'll lose on both.

• Like 1